2005 Ford Escape Blocked Fuel Vent Shield Removal

I recently posted here about my 2005 Escaoe and difficulty filling the tank due to a blocked vent tube. The dealer insisted that this occurs from spiders building nests in
the tube. Sure enough, I looked at the vent tube opening and found this to be true. I removed the crud but at the tip but I think that the tube needs to be reamed out with a wire. There is a plastic shield covering the filler tube and vent. The shield is fastened to the car with some sort of screw with no apparenet way to remove it. The head has a small hole but no slot for a screw driver. It is metal. Is this some sort of rivet tat needs to be drilled out? I really need to remove the shield so I can get full access to the tube.
I'm not sure about pressurizing te tank. That may be dangerous.
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:59:08 GMT, "William Sheehan, Jr."