2005 Ford Escape Front Air Shield Clips Broken

My wife hit one of those curbs in a parking lot and it caught the bottom surface of the front air shield. There are about 4 fastenters on the side of the fender that hold this in place and they are
completely gone. Anyone know where i can get replacements,or should I take it to a body shop.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote in

The local Ford dealer's parts dept should be able to fix u up. Depending on the level of aesthetically pleasing u wish to obtain, U cud use a length of "Hillbilly Bolt" (Baling wire) or Red Green it with the "Handyman's Best Friend" (duct tape). DaveD

If your dealership doesn't have them (or wants your left arm for payment), most of the large auto parts places like Advance or AutoZone have a "Help" parts rack or section for all sorts of fasteners and connectors. They should be available there. These are the ones that are in the fender well, and on the other half of the air dam, right? Did the old ones get ripped out through the plastic? You might have to figure out how to fix the old mounting areas first before installing the new fasteners.
--
SC Tom

.
The mounting holes didn't get ripped through, but i was surprised to see that the were completely gone. i'm also having trouble pushing the air shield back into place so that the holes line up. I'm wondering if I will have to loosen the entire piece to get it in place.
On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 18:30:50 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

I did the same thing. Got my replacement fasteners at Advance Auto. I had to push the shield pretty hard to get the holes to line up, but it wasn't a big deal. Just make sure you get the ones for Ford. The GM ones look about the right size, but are a tad bit too small and will fall out.