2005 Ford Escape Oil Pan

Today I was looking underneath my Escape: I noticed that the oil filter is accesible but the oil pan appears to be a cast aluminum (or maybe white metal)? Am I looking at this right or should I take
another more careful look. I wouldn't have expected an aluminum oil pan. M

lmfao u go girl
hurc ast
Hurc: You suck!
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:14:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@simms.com wrote:

Just out of curiousity, What is the meaning of (1) foctard (2) lmfao (3) hurc ast
For someone who hates Fords, you seem to spend a lot of time and effort on this newsgorup.
I'm guessing that the "tard" is a derrogitory statement against mentally retarded people. You have indicated this in previous posts.
Do you enjoy making these statements that tend to put down unfortunate people who had no control about how they came into being?
Shame on you Hurc.
Sleep on that one.
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:14:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@simms.com wrote:

You probably have the V6 which is all aluminuim. If you search oil pan + duratec, most of the sites seem to indicate that the oil pan is a structural oil pan made out of cast aluminum.
Funny, considering that the engine is all aluminum, I would have expected the oil pan to be aluminum too.
Just out of curiosity, why did you expect the oil pan to be cast iron?
Jeff
I didn't realize that the engine was all alluminun. Are the pistons aluminum also?

I wouldn't expect any oil pan to be cast iron, but perhaps steel like other cars that I have owned.