2005 ford focus stereo and sirrius

I just purchased a 2005 ford focus and I onder if my sirrius unit can plug into the back of the stock stereo. The unit has an AUX button on the face of
the unit- Would this mean there is an AUX input jack in the back of the unit? If so- what is the trick to getting into the back of the stereo or will I have to take it to a professional stereo shop?
I look forward to the gas saving on this car ! Thanks for any help on this question!
Gas saving on the car? What was your other car? A full sized V8 Truck?
East-
Just as bad a 1999 chevy suburban!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

2005 ford focus stereo and sirrius Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Sun, Apr 2, 2006, 4:47am (EDT+4) From: u20381@uwe (FordFan) I just purchased a 2005 ford focus and I onder if my sirrius unit can plug into the back of the stock stereo. The unit has an AUX button on the face of the unit- Would this mean there is an AUX input jack in the back of the unit?<<<<<<<<<
Most likely a pair for L & R
If so- what is the trick to getting into the back of the stereo<<<<<<<<<<<<
You'll have to pull the unit from it's mounting to get to the aux inputs.
or will I have to take it to a professional stereo shop?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Maybe if you can't do it yourself.
Eric
I would like to know the same thing. I have a Fusion though, but it seems to be the same stereo as in the Focus. Anyone know where I can find the manual for this stereo. Not the one comes with the car, but a manual that has all the specs and pictures of the stereo's back. It might show if there is really a Aux input on the stereo.
(Ford Fan) I just purchased a 2005 ford focus and I onder if my sirrius unit can plug into the back of the stock stereo. The unit has an AUX button on the face of the unit- Would this mean there is an AUX input jack in the back of the unit?<<<<<<<<<
Most likely a pair for L & R
If so- what is the trick to getting into the back of the stereo<<<<<<<<<<<<
You'll have to pull the unit from it's mounting to get to the aux inputs.
or will I have to take it to a professional stereo shop?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Maybe if you can't do it yourself.
Eric
Look at http://www.installer-data.com/aacars/searchcarsinst1.php and enter your car in the search engine. You will need an adapter cable.
Ed