2005 mustang convertible, v6 or v8 ?

Page 2 of 2
The V8 will return much more of your original investment in three years, than a V6. Unless you want the super sound system, you are better off ordering the Deluxe and upgrade to leather. You
can save $1,000 off the MSRP. I have a 2005, MSRP was $31,380. I had three other GT convertibles a 1999, 2001 and 2003. The were all 4sp automatics, my 2005 has the 5 speed automatic It is a much better car all around than the others I've owned. I sold the 2003 that I bought for $27,600 for 22K. It cost me $29,800 to drive home the 2005 Deluxe with lather and the better wheels
mike hunt
Lynn wrote:

why kind of lather? Was from washing the car? Or perhaps, you were shaving in the back seat? ;-)
Sorry, couldn't resist.
you can wait until the 2006 models come out. Perhaps the demand will decrease because of an increased supply. It is impossible to tell if the demand will keep up with the supply. However, I am positive that Ford did not decide to increase the supply unless they expected to make a lot of money on the car. i would not be surprised if there are better incentives or lower prices on the 2005 models at the end of the model year.
Personally, if I wanted a Mustang, I would go and get one and enjoy. I wouldn't take the bet that the price would go down at the end of the model year.
Jeff

If one is the average American new car buyer you trade your car for another ever three to four years. In that event there is no advantage to waiting till the end of the model year to buy ones cars. The reason is, deprecation and the fact manufacture always raise prices throughout the model year. By the end of the year the MSRP could easily go up $1,000. One of my friends bought a 2003 exactly like mime down to the color in April of 2003. With the $1,000 rebate at the time he paid only $300 less than I. Even what looks like a $3,000 saving is lost three years later when you trade the car and it is worth that much less because it is a four year old model not three.
I.E. I bought a 1999 Mustang GT convertible in October of 1998. I sold in in 2000 when it was two model years old but only one calendar year old, so it brought a nice price. I bought a 2001 in September 2000. Again I got a good price. Did that again in August of 2002 when I bought the 2003. This time however the 2005 convertible was not available yet in October. I had to wait until March 15th till the car arrived. Each one cost around $1,500 more to buy than the other and the MSRP on the 2005 was up $2,000 I got $4,500 less for the 2003 than I was able to sell the others even though it was only three month into the next calendar year. I had to lay out $9,500 rather than the the five or six thousand I paid for the others
mike hunt
Jeff wrote:

So it's settled than. Get the V8 and don't even bother considering a V6. You will not regret this decision. Your V8 Stang will retain it's resale value much better with a V8.
Also don't get an automatic. If you have never driven a stick than you wouldn't know where the manual transmission enthusiasts are coming from. If you have and have mastered it (anyone can with practice) than you would realize that it's the #1 way to go for true performance and full control of the vehicle. Many who thought that they wouldn't like a manual trans car have never looked back again after they have mastered a manual transmission. Manual is definately the way to go.
East-

Plus the V8 sounds cool ! However, I am wondering about the premium that I might have to pay for the V8.

Three of the four vehicles that I own are standards. 1997 Honda Civic EX 5 spd (daughter), 2003 F150 V6 5 spd (son), 2005 Honda Civic EX SE 5 spd (wife). All of my motorcycles were standards including the Honda Valkyrie I sold last Nov.
Lynn
The only way you will find out about your premium is if you shop around for an insurer. If you have a good driving record and you are an elderly fellow than your premium should be low regaurdless of what you drive. But down't quote me on this, the only way to find out is by shopping around for the right car insurance company. Many of whom will be scum, the trick is to find out who's honest and who aint...
Re: 2005 mustang convertible, v6 or v8 ? Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Fri, Apr 1, 2005, 10:41pm (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
The only way you will find out about your premium is if you shop around for an insurer. If you have a good driving record and you are an elderly fellow than your premium should be low regaurdless of what you drive. But down't quote me on this, the only way to find out is by shopping around for the right car insurance company. Many of whom will be scum, the trick is to find out who's honest and who aint...<<<<<<<<<<
The insurance will be higher on the Mustang because of auto theft rankings and where you live.
Eric

I dont care about the insurance premium. I meant the premium that the dealers are charging on the Mustang V8 GT convertibles. I have heard that the Houston area dealers are charging $4,000 over MSRP for the V8 convertibles.
Thanks, Lynn
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

At least for me, the insurance on my 2001 Mustang GT was very high. I am 52 years old and haven't had a ticket in at least 10 years. What really surpriced me is that the insurance on my 2004 Thunderbird was much lower. Makes no sense to me.
Ed

The dudes who drive Mustangs probably drive less safely than those who drive Thunderbirds.
And people are more apt to steal mustangs.
Both raise insurance rates.
Jeff

Jeff wrote:

I am sure you are correct. However, both cars were driven by the same person and parked in the same low risk area. It seems to me the insurance company should take this into consideration.
Ed

I think they look at the crash rates, cost of repairs, etc., for the car and use this as a base rate. They don't look at the characteristics, driving record, etc., of the person driving the car because they can make more money if they don't. Plus, the main driver is not the only driver of the car.
Jeff

...They might just raise the rates on your T-bird, seeing as you drive a Mustang. :-) -- Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA
Jim Chinnis wrote:

Not any more. My left knee started giving up on me, so the Mustang (with a 5 Speed Manual) had to go.
Ed
C. E. White wrote:

In 1986 I bought a new Escort EXP,a cute, fun car. My insurance company wanted to charge me nearly triple the rate I was paying on my old car, a 1978 Mustang II, 4cyl. Their assertion was that it qualified as a sports car because it was a 2 seater with a stick shift!! Granted, I was looking for more coverage as I only carried liability and a couple of add ons on the old car, but that was way out of line. I dropped State Farm faster than a cheating girlfriend.

wow standard can u shift and chew bubblegum???
hurc ast

Are the voices in your head bothering you again ?
Lynn

lmfao voices lmfao you the one buying the ford bwhahahahaha
hurc ast