2006-08 f150 4.6vs 5.4

Just wondering the reliability of the 4.6 vs the 5.4. I have had 4 4.6L's, and they seem to be pretty well a rock, just wondering if I will expect the same from the 5.4? I'm thinking of getting an 06 to
08 f150... may even go new if i cant find one at a good enough price...
Picasso wrote:

It's the best thing since the 300-6. With a few modifications it will outdo all the other trucks. I've added a cold air intake, magnaflow cat-backk dual exhaust, and an Edge Programmer. I get great performance and great mileage...
--
Theology is an attempt to explain a subject by
men who do not understand it. The intent is not

Just for fun, what do you consider great milage out of a 5.4?? KB
On 12/11/2010 11:15 AM, Picasso wrote:

I have a 2005 Expedition EB with the 5.4L and 87K miles. It is a great engine, powerful and good milage. I get 13-14 mpg in the city and 17-20 mpg on the highway (65 - 70 mph). 15 mpg at 80 mph.
The only trouble with it is that I had one of the ignition coils burn out at 75K. And I had to have the accelerator pedal sensor replaced also then because it was intermittently failing also. Not bad for 87K miles.
Lynn
Lynn McGuire wrote:

Here is a few suggestions. I run a 5.4L myself. I get great mileage. I have only changed 2 ignition coils, and that was before my modifications.
I put cat-back Magnaflow dual exhaust. I put on a cold air intake. These both made a little improvement in milage and power. But the big improvement I got was with a programmer. I bought the Edge Evolution Programmer. And I run regular gas all the time. I have had the programmer for 150,000 miles now. Have not had to change any coils......