2006 Mustang turn signals

I had a lamp go out in my turn signal on my 2006 Mustang. So I just went to the store and bought a new Sylvania bulb and went to plug it in.

Whenever I change a bulb like a turn signal, I usually tend to turn on the signal so that I can see that the bulb is working when I plug it in.

Only when I changed the bulb, it didn't work. DAMN, must be a connection or a broken wire.

Well, after spending a few minutes troubleshooting, I ended up turning the signal to the OTHER side and that worked, then turned back to the bad side and the bulb worked.

OK. Put the bad bulb in and it doesn't work

Put the new bulb in and it only works after I turn the signal off and then on again.

So here's the question... I figured the flash rate is set by computer, right? So does the computer keep that circuit off and go to the quick flash rate once it detects it bad? I know Audi was experimenting with a system that sensed current on each leg for all the lights a few years back, but I didn't think any manufacturer put it into production. Anyone know?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Y

Are the signals on the CAN bus? If so, they would likely not come on untill the circuit was "reset"

Reply to
clare