2006 ranger

could someone with a 4cyl 5 speed tell me how there mpg is?

Reply to
eric

Average 17mpg.

Reply to
Bill Kitterman

I have the 2004 4 cyl 5 speed 3.73 gears. I get 27-29mpg and have gotten 32 on the highway. I don't think much has changed in the 2006. John

Reply to
JohnR66

my 6 banger 3.0L 5spd gets 14 in the city and about 17 18 highwya, 20 if i drive 80-90kmph, 17-18 doing 110/120kmph.

fueleconomy.gov reports for the 2006 ranger 4 banger 2.3L 5spd: MPG (city)

24 MPG (highway) 29 MPG (combined) 26
Reply to
Picasso

Wow, that seems really low. My Father had a 1992 Supercab Ranger with the

3.0L and an automatic transmission (2x4) and averaged 20 mpg overall. He mostly drove on rual rods with 60 mph being his top speed. Not really city driving, but not highway driving either. My old 1992 F150 with the 4.9L six and an automatic got about as good as you are quoting for your Ranger. His current Ranger, a 4.0L Automatic 4x4 averages around 18 mpg. His older 2.9L Automatic Ranger 4x2s (he had two of those) averaged a shade over 20 mpg.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White