2007 Ranger

or 2008....
Does anyone have a clue when Ford will surprise us with a TRUE four door Ranger?
They've had them internationally for a while, when in the USA?
Is it true Ford will not be re-designing the Ranger until 2010 ? !
--

A loyal X-tended cab Ranger owner since '99 (but need a new slightly
larger one SOON.)

The SportTrac has too unconventional a bed for me. I suffer enough with the 6' bed in the Ranger.
Many people feel the SportTrac is nice, but don't want an Explorer with a composite bed attached to the back...
When will a new Ranger surface???

Sounds to me if you need something longer than a 6 foot bed and a crew cab, you need a somthing bigger than a Ranger. I doubt Ford will come out with a 4 door Ranger with an 8 foot bed, since they already have the Superduty.

length another 4 feet for bigger cab and 8 ft box, not a good idea. when you need that big its time for a full size.
Whitelightning

Maybe in the current model, but we have no clue about the future model.
I DON'T need an 8' bed, I'm fine with a 6' bed.
The original reply was to look at the SportTrac which has an even shorter composite bed.
I need a pickup that sips gas, leaps on the highway, has four doors and 4WD. I'll probably need to special order a different axle ratio than one on the lot because they all are rigged to be fast and responsive and not gas efficient. 90 % of my driving is on the highway. In VT we've got lots of hills.
Looking at the Toyota to replace the Ranger because they've got durability, four (real) doors and decent MPG rating.
Looked also at the GMC Canyon, but 5 cylinders scares me.

I am the original poster, seeking rumors of a true four door Ranger.
I do not need an 8' bed.
I was responding to someone who suggested a SportTrac which has a bed even shorter than my 6' Ranger bed.
I have a led foot, need a FWD with FOUR DOORS that sips gas. What I need isn't made. I'd buy another Ranger if they imported their four door model from south America or Asia.
All of these trucks are tuned to pull or carry heavy loads. I am on the highway with an empty bed most of the time, but need a pickup 20 times a year to haul something or do chores.

I am the original poster, seeking rumors of a true four door Ranger.
I do not need an 8' bed.
I was responding to someone who suggested a SportTrac which has a bed even shorter than my 6' Ranger bed.
I have a led foot, need a FWD with FOUR DOORS that sips gas. What I need isn't made. I'd buy another Ranger if they imported their four door model from south America or Asia.
All of these trucks are tuned to pull or carry heavy loads. I am on the highway with an empty bed most of the time, but need a pickup 20 times a year to haul something or do chores.
What you need is the truck on the week-ends and econo car during the week. But even then you wont be happy, you see, you cant go like the dickens, and expect a gas sipper. As to being afraid of a 5 cylinder, why? Mercedes ran one for eons, anything they can do, we can do better.
Whitelightning
I have a five cylinder '83 mercedes diesel with over 338,000 miles. I am trying for a half million and believe I will get it. As for the US doing better, nah...mercedes is in the Guiness Book of World Records as the most durable car...six or eight million miles on a l933 benz with no majors. I'm on my third benz, each one bought with over 100k miles on the odometer--I would never buy a domestic with that kind of milage, although, I will admit, the domestics have gotten much better over the last decade or so. Of course, in addition, it's getting rather hard to tell the players apart with mitsubishi engines in dodges, Ford owning Volvo, Land Rover, and Jaguar, Chrysler and Mercedes together....drives me nuts, I tell you what.