2008 FEH - Setting Date

I expect I'll feel a bit foolish when the obvious answer is provided, but I have to ask:

Would someone please advise me as to how to set the date on my 2008 Escape Hybrid? The car has the factory nav package and audio package. The date is displayed on the indicator at the top of the dash along with outside temp, selected inside temps and clock.

Perhaps the answer is staring right at me but I don't see it.

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Reply to
KWS

i don't have one, so this answer is not meant to be demeaning, or foolish.

Reply to
Tom

That's why I feel like an idiot. I looked there first. No go. I probably should have stated that up front.

Ken

Tom wrote:

Reply to
KWS

CLOCK: To set the time, press CLOCK. The display will read SET

TIME. Use the memory preset #s to enter in the desired time, hours and minutes. The clock will then begin

from that time.

This is according to the owners manual page 26. Check here for an online one:

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Thanks, Tom

I partially solved the problem. The date was showing July 4th yesterday because the am/pm selection was wrong. With that fixed, the correct date is shown. So the immediate problem is fixed.

There is still the issue of how the DATE is set. It is now a matter of curiosity more than anything else. How do you do it?

I appreciate you directing me to the motocraftservice site. I'll bookmark that; thanks. The info you provided does address the clock, but not the date.

When we bought the car, I also bought the shop manuals. So far, I can't find anything there also. Very strange, indeed.

Regards,

Ken

SC Tom wrote:

KWS

According to the owners manual, there is a Navigation Supplement for that system. Seems a shame that so much stuff is added on to cars that a single owners manual won't cover it all. Nice accessories I guess, but I mostly think of it as more stuff to break. The manual on my '02 Escape is thicker than any of the one's I've had on any car, and I've owned numerous vehicles since

1963. Bigger and better toys for everyone LOL.

SC Tom

>> SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom