2008 Ford Escape 2WD 4cyl... Has anyone had this happen?

With auto transmission in reverse, slowly backing up. The steering column makes a loud clunking noise when steering wheel is turned left or right.
Took it to the Dealer for service. Dealer informed me that a was a rack and pinion defect. Dealer said he would have to order parts for repair. Dealer said there is a service bulletin regarding same. I have been all over the internet searching for the bulletin. Have not found it as on this date.
If anybody else had this happen to them, I would like to hear from you.
Fortunately, for me, it will be repaired under new car warranty.
Has anybody had "what" happen to them... Can't find a TSB in the public domain? Dealer had to order parts? New car had a problem?

I have an 08 Escape hybrid and no such problems with the steering. Are you referring to a slight turn or an extreme turn. My latest letter from the dealer trying to sell me more service says, "no recalls"