2008 Ford Escape: Air Filter Change

Hi.
What is the secret to taking the air breather apart to change the air filter? I see the two clips on the top, but not sure how to get the bottom
disengaged from the housing. Pull up? Push down? twist? Don't want to have to replace the whole unit because I snap off a clip :)
Thanks, Jim
Is this a 4 cylinder or 6?

V6 Limited

If it's similar to my '02 Escape (V6), unclip the top two clips, then pull the top away from the box some, then slide the filter out. It's a little tight, but it will come out. If you want to remove the front half, loosen the hose clamp, then pull the hose off and bend it out of the way. There are two slots on the bottom of the box, and two tabs on the front half that mate up with the slots. Plus, on the sides of the front are two large tabs that keep it from sliding sideways on the box. The whole thing is a pretty tight fit, but with a little working around, it'll come apart pretty easily.
SC Tom