2009 Ford Taurus X Window not working

Hi all, I have 2009 Ford Taurus X AWD SEL trim. I have brought the car in to the dealership 3 times now for the driver's side window. The button that makes the window go up and down works intermittingly. This complaint is related the the automatic up and down function only, and not the manual mode. Ford has replace the switch and they now tell me they have no clue what's causing this anymore. After replacing the switch, the window works for about 2 days and then stops working for a week, then works for a day, and then stops working again for an extended period of time. Has anyone heard of this problem before or have any idea what's causing this? Thanks.

Reply to
car crash

It's under warranty. Find another dealer.

Reply to
Kruse

It's under warranty. Find another dealer.

Reply to
Tom

Hmmm...

would it interest anyone that the OP is concerned about an INTERMITTENT concern? We have no idea if the car has acted broken for any techs yet... andf if it doesn't act broken what is going to get fixed?

"Well, smart-ass - why not just change everything?".... Because Ford don't pay that way.... because we, as techs have to identify the concern and state the nature of the failure... without that, there wont be a payday....

If we change something on a guess and, later on that guess proves faulty, there's a little thing called a charge back.... an ineffective repair can quite easily result in a chargeback. Most shops pass part of that chargeback on to the tech that was at the root of it...

Currently, I have 4 jobs on the go that will not act broken.... Will one of you Einstiens tell me what parts I am going to change.... whoops, I forgot - there don't be partschangers here.

In the winter, it get's even better as I work outside in -30 something weather trying to recreate the conditions present when a concern occurs...

Yes - there are a lot of substandard techs out there.... and there are a lot of unthinking DIYers, to.

"After replacing the switch" we are told, the window acts in a particular manner.... We aren't told how the window acted BEFORE the switch was replaced.... and you guys are going off with less than half the story....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
BK68

i deserved that mr top poster. the parts changer comment was uncalled for. i should have stuck with the try another dealer statement. i put that in i guess because i was mad at the local dealers new service writer for trying to rip me off on unneeded parts yesterday when i took the superduty in for an oil change.

Reply to
Tom