Subject Author Posted Replies

1979-1991 Econolines
Hi all, This may (will!) sound weird, as it does to everyone I have told, but it has been my lifelong dream to own a Ford Econoline van from 1979 to 1991. I don't know why, but there has always been...

1991 ford aerostar
can some one help me my van is running in high gear when I drive down the street I dont touch the gas peddle and it goes well over speed limit if I let it.I tried putting throttle cleaner on it and it...

Re: Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
In your uneducated opinion. What...the...fuck? Yeah BMW installs a 400 deg T-stats now... Do you have a stockpile of 35 year old oil or something? Your knowledge of oil is clearly obsolete. Funny......
1
1

Mulally drops by dealership, sells some cars
Mulally drops by dealership, sells some cars Amy Wilson | Automotive News / March 27, 2007 - 5:22 pm DETROIT -- Four cars (almost) in 40 minutes. That's the Alan Mulally sales tally at Village Ford in...
1
1

2001 Ranger A/C issue
OK so the A/C has a mind of it's own. Placed on Max A/C or just A/C at times it will come on and is very cold (suction sweating back and all) will continue to function until I turn the ignition off....

Re: Stop the old oil change arguments...here's the scoop
It's not a myth. A myth is a story that explains something, like the story of Genesis or the story of Daedalis and Icuras. (A myth can be true.) Furthermore, in the old days, changing oil that often...

74 Ford Truck w/ elec ignition NO SPARK
Truck has been sitting for a few years. I dumped the gas, put in new battery, cranks fast but no spark out of distributer. I had the module tested at Auto Zone, they claimed it was bad and I replaced...
3
3

Ford 6.0 Diesel 2004 Smoking and Hesitation
Looking for some helpful feedback. I have owned for less then a year a 2004 Ford Super Duty with a 6.0 Diesel. Ran great all last summer pulling a 5th Wheel. Cooler weather came (
1
1

CyberSurvey: Have UAW members given up enough or should auto makers expect
CyberSurvey: Have UAW members given up enough or should auto makers expect more concessions? There's been enough concessions. 21.83% UAW needs to make more concessions. 78.17%
2
2

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
I disagree. While synthetic is better in many cases, today's petroleum-based oil is very good. Much better than gravel. Easier to drain, too. Jeff

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
Last time I was at the duty-free shop at JFK, I saw diferent types of alcohol next to wipers and synthetic motor oil. Now I know why! ;-)

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
Can you please demonstrate that there is a difference in wear on cars that have their oil changed at 3000 mi interval vs. longer intervals? Jeff >

351w or 302 Swap into 65 Ford falcon
Hello, I have a 65 ford falcon futura with an inline six that I'm getting ready to put a v8 into. Now its just a question of a 302 or 351w. I have read that a 351w will fit but I'm not sure if it will...
4
4

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
"Engines last forever if you change the oil frequently". Where did you come up with THAT? For all you frequent oil change advocates, keep in mind that MOST engine wear occurs after cold starts, when...

Ford Tops Repair Costs Survey
Ford Tops Repair Costs Survey : Ford and Lincoln Mercury vehicles earned a total of 10 best-in-class rankings in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) 2007 Relative Collision...
13
13