Subject Author Posted Replies

1997 Ford Taurus-Engine 'dinging'
This has been going on for about a week now. When I start my car, it immediately has a dinging sound--sounds like the Salvation Army bell during Christmas time :)--ding, ding, ding and so on. It...
2
2

1994 Mustang 3.8 issues
starts a bit rough, idles okay when warms , when reving it acts like a misfire or starved for fuel I checked the headgasket, it is fine (held 15lbs for 15 min before I unhooked the tester) , I am...

2000 Sable PS Pump Noise
Last week, my wife and I purchased a 2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium for our daughter who recently graduated from university. It has the 3.0L Duratech 24V V6, and the AX4N transaxle. The car was...
2
2

Ford is selling another bit of itself
's selling it's wholly owned company Auto Protection Co. (APCO) to a priate equity firm. APCO offers vehicle service contracts and related after-market products to dealers of all makes and models....
2
2

Could Ignition Key Computer Chip Be Disabled?
Hello All, I have a 97' Taurus and I think the ignition key computer chip may be failing. Over the last 3 months I found my trunk opened twice. Can it be a chip malfunction or some kind of short...
5
5

Shifting and O2 sensor
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer, 4WD, with about 65000 and I am having some troubles shifting from first to second, and second to third. The problem only occurs after a few minutes of driving. After the...
2
2

Ford, Chrysler sales tumble
Ford, Chrysler sales tumble YORK ( -- Sales tumbled at Ford and DaimlerChrysler last month, further eroding the troubled automakers' share of the U.S. market. Ford (Charts), which is likely to give up...

Ford's restructuring plan is likely to cost $11.18 billion
Ford's restructuring plan is likely to cost $11.18 billion Ford said its restructuring plan would likely cost $11.18 billion, with more than half of the expenses devoted to programs for laid-off...

Ford bumps CEO Mulally's stock option grant to $6 million
Ford bumps CEO Mulally's stock option grant to $6 million -- Six months into his stint as Ford Motor Co.'s CEO, Alan Mulally is getting a raise of sorts. The Ford board's compensation committee on...

Ford cuts Super Duty production amid dispute with engine maker
Ford cuts Super Duty production amid dispute with engine maker The launch of Ford Motor Co.'s new F-series Super Duty pickup is in danger of stalling. Less than a week after International Truck and...
28
28

Aerostar 4.0 -92 valve lifter replacement
There seems to be about 1 mm clearance on one of the rockers so the valve lifter is probably damaged. Probably inlet manifolds have to be removed in order to get the lifter out. There's not too much...
4
4

Mass exodus from Ford today
Mass exodus from Ford today Thanks to buyouts, thousands of workers call it quits February 28, 2007 BY SARAH A. WEBSTER FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER This is it: The big good-bye. The finish line. Ford...
2
2

Traffic3000
I've bought a Ford Fiesta which didn't come with the manual for the Traffic 3000 (Radio cassette). Does anyone know where I could get a manual from please?. Thanks. Bill Ridgeway
2
2

1986 ford ranger-transmission problem
i have a 6 cyl automatic, overdrive transmission the other day i was stuck in the snow spun my tires for about 15 minutes, i got pulled out but the guy started pulling me when my truck was still in...

99 windstar [system too lean]
i have a 99 ford windstar with about 67,000 miles, and the check engine light is on all the time. I had it diagnosed and got a P0171, P174 [ system too lean [Bank 1 &2]. Erased the codes and they...
5
5