Subject Author Posted Replies

E 350 - stuck in park
I recently picked up a wheel trans bus. I plasma cut the bolts and cut the power wires to the wheel chair lift. The last wire I cut was large and blew my side cuters apart. I went to move the Bus and...
2
2

Decoding VIN 4th position problem
I have tried to decode the 4th position letter in 1FTNX21S51ED85640 against 'VIN CODE, 4TH POSITION-RESTRAINT SYSTEM FOR TRUCKS ONLY' table in problem is that there are two 'N' in the table. I wonder...
28
28

E 350 - Stuck in Park
I recently bought a wheel trans Bus. I started to take the wheel chair lift out, (plasma cut the bolts), and cut the power wires etc. The last large power wire I went to cut, blew my side cutters...
2
2

new Ford truck hydraulic hybrids due in 2008
Any news on the new Ford truck hydraulic hybrids due in 2008 ? so, is it time to buy Ford stock ? Even a 35% improvement in fuel efficiency on my Expedition would be nice. Add a V6 turbo diesel and...
3
3

Breaking the Law: Automaking's Supply and Demand Dilemma
Breaking the Law: Automaking's Supply and Demand Dilemma By Frank Williams February 21st, 2007 1,251 Views A recent post questioned the relative power of engineers and MBA's in the automotive...

find eng.stands
I have a 1965 f-100 truck with 252 eng,Need to find motor stands for the new motor is 302 cu...anyone know where to find to buy....help
2
2

Front vibrates only when going straight
I have a 92 Mustang that vibrates at highway speeds only when going straight but when I'm driving into a curve it stops. I thought at first that it might be the tires but wouldn't that cause...
4
4

producivity increase at ford
Anyone know by what percent ford is increasing productivity, or efficiency? From all I know, in general businesses must increase at least 6% in efficiency each year just to keep pace. I would hate to...
1
1

honda odometers
how bout that for honda's "high" quality control process. I expect this from the big three. Honda has really let me down :P One site said the SAE Standards are between -1 and +4%. Is this really true?...
26
26

1999 Ford Taurus
Hi all, I just bought a 1999 Ford Taurus today, and the keyless entry pad doesn't work except for the panic button and the trunk. It doesn't lock or unlock the doors. Any suggestions? Thanks! Joanie
3
3

1999 Ford Taurus
Hi all, I just bought a 1999 Ford Taurus today, and the keyless entry pad doesn't work except for the panic button and the trunk. It doesn't lock or unlock the doors. Any suggestions? Thanks! Joanie

Air strut replacement manufacturers- opinions wanted
I'm looking at three companies that offer replacement air struts (for '92 Lincoln Continental): Suspension Alternatives, Strutmasters, and Arnott Industries. Arnott charges nearly $30 more per unit...
9
9

UAW, Big Three contract talks this year will be 'pattern breaking,' analyst says
UAW, Big Three contract talks this year will be 'pattern breaking,' analyst says United Auto Workers likely will be forced to give more concessions, accept more layoffs and take more responsibility...

Ford, in `Meltdown,' May Seek Wage Cut, Analyst Says
Ford, in `Meltdown,' May Seek Wage Cut, Analyst Says 20 (Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co. is in ``a company meltdown'' and may ask the United Auto Workers union to accept reduced pay and benefits during...
1
1

Ford Taurus Transmission
I have a 92 Taurus wagon and the transmission slips. It will not move from a standstill. Lucky I was parked on a hill and at 15mph the transmission works fine. I read some posts and one in particular...
1
1