Subject Author Posted Replies

'95 Taurus, column shift linkage/cable
I have a 95 Taurus GL, auto with column shift. About a year ago, it didn't seem to want to properly lock in Park and was also indicating slightly different positions based on the PRNDL display. I...
4
4

ford puma 1.7
i have been haveing trouble with my clutch i have been told it is a hydrolic clutch , it just doent have any pressure be hind it any ideas do i need to get a new one or is it to do with the fluid
1
1

Mustang?
I now have a better understanding as to the reason FMC lost 12 billion+ in 2006. My wife used one of our vehicles to go to her hospitalized father and our daughter borrowed the other for a trip to...
8
8

351C 4v - Engine Detailing
I'm looking to detail my 351C 4V next weekend and would appreciate any photos and / or URLs which could assist me in the process (color of pulleys, power steering pump, air cleaner, etc.). There's...
1
1

66 f-100
I have a 66 f-100 with the twin I beam front suspension, i am in the process of lowering the truck, but i dont know if i want to throw the mustang 2 front clip under it. Does anyone know how low dream...

snapped lower intake bolt on 3.8L v-6
I replaced the head gaskets on a 96 Thunderbird with a 3.6L engine. I ran into a problem when I was re-installing the aluminum lower intake to the aluminum heads. The little bolts have a torque rating...
21
21

Ford KA
I was wondering whether anyone can help me, my ford ka makes a sort of tick/clicking noise when I'm in third and fourth gear- does anybody have any idea what might be wrong with it? I've just had...
1
1

Car Thieves Target Catalytic Converters
Local Chicago's Channel 2 News reported tonight thieves are now sliding under cars with a battery operated Saws-All and are cutting the Catalytic Converters out of the exhaust systems and selling them...
35
35

Detroit's orphan cars
Detroit's orphan cars YORK (Fortune) -- "Ford looks to Europe for new U.S. products" reads the headline in last week's issue of Automotive News. "CEO Mulally eyes Mondeo, S-Max, Transit." Seems to...
5
5

CyberSurvey: Do you think reviving the Taurus nameplate will help Ford sell more cars?
CyberSurvey: Do you think reviving the Taurus nameplate will help Ford sell more cars? Rule of thumb - Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity
1
1

To Keep, or Not To Keep
Hi all, Here's the deal. I currently have a 1998 V70 XC and a 1993 940 (non- turbo). I was offered by a wealthy relative a custom-built 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Bayshore with not even 65,000 miles,...
16
16

Problem with shift on the fly
I have a 2001 F-350 with electronic shift on the fly. When hubs are in auto and I shift button to 4H the front wheels do not engage. When I put hubs in lock 4WD works fine. Does the auto function work...
5
5

2001 Mondeo Electric Windows Query, Confused....
Hi there, as the subject says we have a 2001 Mondeo 2.0TD LX 5 Door Last night the battery gave out on me, and have now fitted a new one. But some things the car used to do, no longer work... When...
3
3

Domestic models from GM, Ford and Chrysler took barely half the U.S. market in January
Domestic models from GM, Ford and Chrysler took barely half the U.S. market in January YORK ( -- Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and ... imported cars? That old Chevrolet jingle, which was written to...

2000 Contour rear seat
Posted this before but didn't see it. Sorry if I shows up twice. How do you get the bottom of the rear seat out of a 2000 Contour? Please:) Al
1
1