235/55R17 tires on 2005 Town Car Signature Limited?

The dealership said to stick with the 225/60R17 tires the car's "supposed" to have.
The overall diameter is very nearly the same. But the dealership said:
* The whole 10mm of extra width would cause the tires to hit the suspension on wide turns.
* They also said "If the car has traction control it may have false abs and traction control activation. I would not recommend putting those larger tires on the car"
... are these concerns real or ultracautionary BS?
I want the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred but it's not made in P225/60R17. Will need it in the S. Florida rain later this year. Michelin HydroEdge could be a good choice but it's a little more money and has only a 1-ply sidewall. Not good since I'm rough on tires (I can get REALLY close the the curb when I park). Using 1-year-old General Altimax RT now. Not bad at all. Will consider keeping those if the TripleTreds are a bad idea.
Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

I have overall found the HydroEdge to be a better tire in wet than the Triple Tread, and it's more stable on grooved pavement. Overall I would highly recommend it. And stay away from the curb. --scott

✖
What car did you have each on?
On Apr 13, 9:28 pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

I did the A/B comparison on an older BMW 535i. Have also used the HydroEdge on a BMW 2002, an old Chrysler Laser, and a Subaru Impreza and been happy with them on all. Never on anything the size of a Town Car, it's true.
I liked the old Goodyear Aquatreads a whole lot in spite of them being very squirrely on grooved pavement. I felt the Triple Tread was a big step down when the Aquatread was discontinued. --scott

✖

Aren't the treads nearly the same for tripletred and the old aquatreads?
Add pictures here
✖
Kludge wrote:

That's what the man at Goodyear says. But they sure don't handle the same way. --scott

✖

✖

Check national i'net sites--for sizes AND optional sizes to see their recommendations. I'd expect about any mfg. using factory 225's should run a tire just 0.39 inches wider ok! But, I've been wrong before. HTH, s
Add pictures here
✖