Subject Author Posted Replies

'96 Ford Taurus. ? Shouldn't EGR valve open ?
I?m at my in-laws for thanksgiving so I volunteered to help them fix their ?96 Ford Taurus but I?m a little puzzled and need some expert help. Failing smog test: There seems to be a problem with the...
16
16

1999 winstar trans
my 1999 ford winstar will not shift into overdrive, and runs fine with overdrive button turned off .. is there somthing simple wrong with it or will the whole trans have to be replaced ??
1
1

2006 Escape -- Where is the Block Heater Plug?
I know it has one -- it's listed in the equipment list. The &*$%#@ manual doesn't show you where it is. Does anyone know? Thanks Steve

ABS problems?
I have a motorhome built on a 1995 E350 chassis. when I got it, it had about 20K miles. Now it has around 30K. The brake pedal always felt soft and mushy. The brakes always worked OK, it just didn't...
3
3

1999 e150 van won't start
Starter ok. Battery ok. Turn key, nothing happens except door locks go up and down a couple of times by themselves. Can short across starter with screwdriver and start it, runs good!
6
6

97 Ford Taurus Tight Steering Problem
I have a 97 Ford Taurus and suuddenly my steering has become very tight. The steering becomes tight then loosens up, them becomes tight again. The steering also occasionaly makes a noise. What do you...
4
4

Taurus 97 Keps Misfiring
Hi Folks, My 97 Ford Taurus GL 3.0 SHO, 130K Mileage has turned into a nighmare for the last 4 months. It shows the following symptoms, I call it the "sad repeating story", I will refer to this story...
5
5

Ford Transit to the USA in '07?
I picked up a thread in another group that claimed the Ford Transit Van was supposed to be imported to the USA in '07 . Can anyone confirm this?

TheBuyersNET.com
Join FREE! It is a forum for buyers of cars, TVS, computers, airline tickets or just about anything. Form your own groups and negotiate deep discounts with the sellers of the products of your choice....

1990 Ford Explorer
I am driving a 1990 Ford Explorer standard and for some reason when I shut the vehicle off after a period of driving, I hear a knocking that appears to be coming from the transmission. It will sound...
3
3

02-present ranger transmissions
Are there any issues with the new rangers and transmissions? we have been having issues at work with these trucks, and caused us to switch to toyota and back to f150's, an unheard of change for this...
5
5

'97 Ford Taurus Wagon - stuck on heat
Hello, I have a 1997 Taurus Wagon and the heat is stuck on even when I turn on the air conditioning or vent, it just keeps blowing hot air only. I have around 60,000 miles on it and not sure what the...
1
1

An interesting gasoline engine improvement

Manual trans shifting
Have a 1996 Ford ranger splash with a 5 speed 3.0 engine. It shifts hard 1,2 and grinds going into Rev unless it is shifted into a forward gear first. cluch does not slip and seems to be adjusted...
2
2

Ford Escape Key Programming Problem
I just got a 3rd key for my ford escape and I am trying to program it. I go through the steps in the manual, but it does not work! Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong, or any tips for me on...
3
3