Subject Author Posted Replies

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis - Door Chime won't stop ringing
Talk about having a ringing in your ears! Our 1990 MGM seems to have a short of some kind. The door chime rings constantly unless the key switch is completely off. I have no idea where the short is...
3
3

No power to fuel pump
1992 Lincoln Continental 3.8L Car sat for 2 months while I was out of town. Ran fine when parked. Upon returning, Car didn't start. NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP. Checked inertia switch, fine. Run 12V to wire...
1
1

2000 Taurus Leaking Gas?
I own a 2000 Ford Taurus. Recently I started to notice that when the car sits for a long period of time (overnight for example), it leaks enough fluid to form a small puddle behind the left rear...
1
1

Japanese autos tops in reliability survey
Japanese autos tops in reliability survey Reuters / November 9, 2006 - 2:00 pm DETROIT -- Japanese automakers dominated an influential survey of the most reliable new vehicles that was released today,...
10
10

Veterans day
To all you veterans out there, THANKS for your service to your country, particular to those still on active duty in this worldwide war on radical Islamic terrorist in Iraq, Afghanistan and all of the...
20
20

1998 Ford Contour GL timing
Does anybody know how to time the '98 Ford Contour that has a spring-loaded camshaft gear? Thanks,
1
1

Posted 2 old filmstrips online 1934 and 1936 Ford
Just posted these two filmstrips last week at: currently available online are 1934 ?Sell More Fords? and 1936 ?Judge for Yourself.? ?Judge For Yourself? Deluxe Ford V-8 for 1936 is from a set of...
3
3

351C and 351Cobra Jet engines?
Can somebody tell me the difference between the 351C and the 351 Cobra Jet? I think the CJ had closed chamber heads, but what does that mean? TIA.
4
4

Boss 302 question
I always heard that the Boss 302 engine, could be made with a 302 block and putting on 351C 2V cylinder heads. Is this true, and if so, do they bolt right on, or are there modifications that need to...
3
3

Windstar google Group
New windstar website Tech info, engine pics, manual plus more. Visit the New windstar website plus gogle group see the site at

help replacing '94 taurus sho valve covers
Does anyone have any idea how long a job like this will take...or should i leave it to the pros? the manifold bracket itself looks like a challenging job to remove before one gets to the valve covers....

They killed his 94 Tempo!
My buddy was having some engine idling problems and took his Tempo to a shop that he likes because they are quick. First they replaced the MAF which did not help. Then they worked on it for a week and...
10
10

P71 Tire Recommendations?
I have a 2002 Crown Victoria P71 that is in need of new tires. The Goodyear RS-A's that came stock on the car seemed to work great except for on wet pavement. In the rain,the rear end of the car wants...
16
16

99 Windstar Coolant Burp Re-visited
I saw the thread recently. I have experienced the same thing in my 99 Windstar, 3.8L. Have owned the van two years and have seen the problem several times. Happened today in about 65°F outside...

Headlamps and Interior lamps Flicker (lerner@ka.net)
It's a 1995 Mark VIII. They flicker fairly fast at idle and faster with acceleration. Everything else seems normal. The battery and alternator are just a few months old. Someone told me it sounds like...
15
15