Subject Author Posted Replies

1995 F150 Help - Can not fix!
Update: With the different computer in it I now have the following codes: 565 Canister purge ckt fault 172 EGO not switching, lean exh bank 1 It will go a long time sometimes and run great. I had to...
3
3

98 Escort 2.0L engine woes
Well, maybe not woes yet. But definitely going to become woe soon. 98 Escort S/W, 2.0L OHC. For a couple of weeks now, it's been making an intermittent ticking noise, mostly when warm. Sounds very...
8
8

Mercury Question
I have a question regarding resetting the "Oil Change Necessary" message on my wife's 05 Mountaineer. I have to assume that it's the same as a Ford Explorer. I lucked out on the last oil change and...
4
4

Will 14" tires fit on my 1999 Grand Marquis?
I've got 4 snow tires (185/70R14). I'm wondering... 1- If I can find wheels with a 5x100 pattern in that size 2- Will I have enough clearance for the brakes. (it's got 225/60R16 now) I know the car...
6
6

96 ESCORT 1.9 AUTO TRANSMISSION--FIX OR REPLACE WITH USED ???
I'm a moderately skillled mechanic, 51 years old. The car moves in 1st and reverse only (if you put the shifter in 1, not in D). The fluid is black, the previous owner purportedly had gotten it stuck....
5
5

02 Ranger Dome light switch
02 ford ranger, ext cab. Where is the switch that shuts hte domelight off when you close the door. Mine appears to be broken, as the dome stays on after the door is shut... and doesn't shut off until...
3
3

1996 ford taurus driver door removal
Hello experts I have a 1996 turaus GL that needs a frt drvr door replacement, longstory don't ask. Here is my question the removal procedure in manual says to disconnect large electric connector on...
2
2

Can't get my hooter to work!!
My clutch went in June on journey to Devon.Got it fixed and came home.We have just noticed the hooter doesn't work and even though we have tried everything including steering wheel removal and fuses...
4
4

Green With Envy
I have a 97 Taurus, my left turn signal stopped working. I suspected the multifunction switch. I took it out (very easy compared to GM) It came apart very easily. The contacts are green and corroded....
4
4

floodwater - is my car totaled?
my 99 taurus sucked in some water during the flooding we had in Houston on Monday. It wasn't deep, but apparently it sloshed the wrong way and the car died. I checked the next day and the air filter...
10
10

98 Grand Marquis Catalytic converter problem
A month ago I got a check engine light and the engine code indicated insufficient catalyst. I was putting off reparing it because I just got thru paying $1500 on a new intake manifold, and several...
7
7

1995 F150 - Can not fix! Help!
I have a 1995 F150 4X4 with a 5.0 Automatic. It runs fine sometimes but then it will bog under part throttle, pop back and run crappy until wide open throttle then it takes off and runs great. Always...
2
2

AODE cry for help.
I am happy to have found this forum as the info seems to be coming from knowledgeable people. I have a 1992 crown vic, it shudders, but not like the 30-50 mph shudder that is a common problem. It...
11
11

Noise from '93 Tempo
This problem has me going. I have a '93 Tempo with a 2.3 w/air. Just under 60,000 miles. There is a rattling noise coming from the front of the engine at idle. Almost like sheet metal rattling. If I...
8
8

2000 Ford E350 Passenger Van - Owner's Manual
I am dealing with fuse box issues. I have no owner's manual and I need a diagram. I offer $5 to anyone who will copy and fax the page in their owner's manual dealing with fuse box diagram for under...
1
1