Subject Author Posted Replies

Why 5W20 Oil?
My 03 Windstar specifies 5W20 oil, which is rather hard to find. Is it really necessary to use this grade? I've always used 5W30 and I have a several jugs of it. Would a different grade invalidate the...
19
19

For Sale Exstensive Repair and OBDII Database
A Brand New Program right from the Developer. Autotree Pro Ver. 1.5 is a 32 Bit ( WIN95-XP) a automotive diagnostics program written in a Tree format to make systematic and quick diagnostic checks a...
1
1

Need a very Exstensive OBDII Database
A Brand New Program right from the Developer. Autotree Pro Ver. 1.5 is a 32 Bit ( WIN95-XP) a automotive diagnostics program written in a Tree format to make systematic and quick diagnostic checks a...
1
1

Re: replace rear brake light 93 Taurus wagon
Went to Momsy's yesterday, took some pics of her 91 just for fun. 1 - A couple of outside pics. 2 - Two plastic plugs, *washer hose* between them, nuts under plugs. 3 - A big piece of tape under the...

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Low Beams Replace
The mechanic working on my car, 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Diamond Anniversary, presented me with a problem. The low beams do not work and need to be replaced. He says that there are 2 sets of numbers...
13
13

New F150's
Does anyone else find the new F150's (2wd is what im familliar with) EXTREMELY friggin low? Why would ford make this vehicle so damn low! The rangers have more clearance than the fullsize!!!
43
43

94 Taurus engine surging at idle
Hi folks. Taurus 3.0 L surging at idle when cold. Saw some posts about cleaning " Idle air control valve"?..found it, removed it, and sprayed some carb cleaner in there. Repeated twice. Drained it...
5
5

Aerostar 3.0 -87 crankshaft pulley
Seems that the damper is broken. Any ideas how to hold engine from turning when opening the pulley center bolt ? br Vesku
2
2

Code Reader and more ?
Anybody know of a good code reader for the OBD2 systems ? I was thinking of a good one, because I will probably use it allot. Maybe a more deluxe one is what I am looking for, but I don't know what to...
2
2

Shorted Diode...need info
Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one 1990 Escort GT, I tested the diode for the AC Clutch coil and it comes up shorted. Also checked resistance and the same both ways @1.7 ohms. Would...
21
21

Transponder Key?
I got this 99 windstar a few days ago, and today went to get a spare key cut, I took it to walmart and he says that its a transponder key, and only the dealers can cut me one, is there a way around...
7
7

Re: Sudden acceleration with SEFI
Probably simultaneous application of the brake pedal and throttle pedal. While the brakes can hold back a full-throttled engine when the two pedals are independently depressed, with sufficient force...
6
6

Sudden acceleration with SEFI
I have a new 2006 f 150 with the triton engine and I absoutely loved this truck, but sitting in a traffic jam this past week with my foot on the BRAKE, the truck for no reason accelerated out of...
23
23

oil leak
Hi guys & gals, A friend of mine has a 1991 F150 that has had the engine replaced. It now has an oil leak. It looks like the rear main leaking. How can we identify what year engine was put in the...

Warranty Reimbursement non-dealership work
I recently (6 weeks ago) took my '97 Windstar in for an oil change at our independent shop, and they told me that both front coil springs were broken and needed replacement. They were, so I told them...
1
1