Subject Author Posted Replies

HELP! 2001 Ford Focus - catastrophic engine failure at 100,000 kms?!
Last Friday night my 2001 Ford Focus's engine died on me. Apparently, there is a broken piston rod, which ended up cause a cracked block and a hole in the oil pan. The kicker is that my 100,000km...
12
12

03 Windstar: how to disable autolock?
I just bought an 03 windstar with keypad on the driver door. I am attempting to disable the autolock feature on the door locks. I have followed the manual instructions repeatedly with no success....
1
1

Help!!
I just bought a 2000 ford taurus se. It has the cd changer option on the deck. So here are my questions, where does the cd changer go? Do I need to buy anything else but the cd changer? And does it...
4
4

Starter question
I took my starter to an Auto store to have it tested and they said it was fried. I was wondering if a bad starter or bad connection inside the starter could cause the car to just shut down when it was...
2
2

04 taurus oil filter $55????
hey, i had the oil changed today in my 04 taurus. the tech told me it was the original filter which should be replaced every 15k miles (29k on the odometer now). price for the filter is $55 he told...
15
15

Auto Ford
Ford Cars:

99 crown vic wiper questions.
wipers have been erratic in operation the past 4 days. sometimes they will not come on. but if you push the washer button, then they work fine. today they will not park. these are symptoms of a bad...
3
3

ford escort eratic idle
Hi all.I have a 1998 escort 1.6lx(zetec).on cold start the idle is eratic.if you depress the accelerator slightly the revs race up and hold for a short period before eventually returning to...
1
1

Advice on Freestar
Hello, I'm looking into purchasing a 2006 Freestar and was hoping to hear from someone who already owns one. I am aware of the fact that the Freestar is not a segment leader, but after a few...
1
1

Amsoil and Non-API Licensing & Warrenty Issues
Q. Why aren't all AMSOIL motor oils API licensed? A. Good question. Let us address API licensing in depth, as well as the issue of warranties. Some AMSOIL motor oils are API licensed, some are not. If...
56
56

Win a Ford Explorer
Enter for a chance to win a 2007 Ford Explorer with Ford Ironman gear and a trip for two to the 2006 Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, HI. Restrictions: 18 or older--must have valid U.S....

97 Ranger 4.0 Fueling problems
Whenever I fuel the vehicle I get alot of backpressure at the pump. I've looked at the feed pipe and see no obstructions. Anybody have suggestions? Thanks
1
1

Mondeo Weight Specifications
I have UK 1998 R Reg Mondeo 2.0 16V GLX Estate with AirCon option. I have searched the www for tech info regarding actual kerb weight and maximum towing weight for my specific model. I haven't found...

Brake rotors, calipers
I need to replace my rotors and calipers in my 1990 Mustang GT and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what I should go with. I was told by some that the factory rotors and calipers...
2
2

Can I use this '84 351 HO truck motor in a Mustang?
I've got an '84 351 HO engine from a truck that my father bought and was wondering what is the difference between this 351 and the 351's that were put into Mustangs? This is the carburated 351W...
4
4