Subject Author Posted Replies

1995 Ford 1.9 4 Cylinder
I have a question for all of you. It appears that my wife's wagon is out of time. It still has the belt on it and when I line up the camshaft pully with the marker on the head the camshaft pully is...
1
1

Explorer temp gauge with engine light?
The temp gauge stoped working and the engine light came on. I checked the coolant amount, that seemed ok and its running fine what could be the problem? thanks c-ron
2
2

Loose gas pedal
We've got a '92 Tempo w. 173,000 km on it. The gas pedal is rather loose. It will wiggle sideways, turning on the swivel bolt. It appears to simply be the sleeve around the swivel bolt that's too big....

94 Crown Vic Erratic Steering
The tires are fine, the alignment is fine, the fluid level is fine. Car won't steer straight, goes back and forth left and right, the steering is still power (not hard as if there is no power...
6
6

Storing your car.
Hi, I am going into the military in a few day..which calls for me to store my car for only 2 months. Any recommendations, and step to take so when i come back it will be as i left it? Thanks!
1
1

80's Econolines
Who here has an 80's (actually 1979 to 1991) style Econoline? I am saving up and hope to have one in the next couple of months. It has been a lifelong obsession to have one. I don't know why but I...
4
4

02 ranger 3.0L question
I have a 3.0L ranger, 2002. When i pop the fuel fill cap, then try to restart the vehicle, it needs to crank for about 20 seconds before it will start, and when it starts, it starts rough, idles low...
1
1

Fuel pressure regulator?
Where is the fuel pressure regulator located on a 2001 crown victoria? Is it eay to replace? what are the steps to go about it? thanks

1994 e350 van
I replaced the front calipers and pads and then bled the calipers. My brake pedal is still soft and the ABS light stays on. Obviously there is still air in the system somewhere, but there is now air...
1
1

96 escort intermitantly wont start
My daughters 96 escort 1.9 L intermitantly wont start. It cranks hard but wont turn over. I changed the fuel pump it ran fine . She took it out ,shut it off went to restart, it cranked but wouldnt...
3
3

dr... 1999 Grand Marquis LS
-Single exhaust, I know dual exshaut will give more power / torque. Is it worth it (expensive / worth it)] - My dashboard is all-digital-green, can it be converted to geek-blue? (I would love a tach,...
2
2

Fusion wagon
So Ford's in big trouble, yet they dropped the Taurus wagon a few years ago and as yet haven't a replacement. The Taurus wagon was a very good selling vehicle. I know many who bought it in the 90s....
9
9

M5 versus Shelby GT500
2006 BMW M5 (5 liter V10 7 speed with 500 horsepower & 383 torque) versus 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 ( 5.4 liter V8 6 speed with 500 horsepower & 480 torque). I am not a mechanic and don't know exactly...
5
5

Mondeo global close
Hi, I've just changed the battery in my 2003 Mondeo and the global close setting has gone. What is the process of changing it back to auto-close when holding the remote lock? TIA

94 Crown Vic, Towing It !! What about transmission bearings??
I need to move a disabled Crown Vic about 75 miles. The engine does not run. Can this safely be done with the towed car in neutral without certain bearings in the transmission being damaged? Thanks...
4
4