2k f150 starter mess

Well guys, afterlurking in this groups for months, now its my time to post. My starter solenoid went kaput last night. My father in law thought he would help and put in a new solenoid. Fine, I thought... Until he hooked it up wrong. Seems he decided that the wires went on a different way than before...

Long story short, when he started my truck it made a terrible noise.. You would think one would turn it off once that happened, but no he let it run until the noise stopped.

Well, it stopped, and the smell of burning metal, along with a nice whiff of smoke came from under my hood. Turns out the starter was engaged the whole time due t the miswiring, so now my starter is shot, and I hope to god that it hasnt damaged anything else.... any f150 experts out there who can tell me what else this might have damaged in this mechanical melee? Im hoping the gear on the starter was softer than the metal on the flywheel. By the way, the starter was too hot to touch as of last night.

Thanks Jason Reynolds px208ATyahooDOTcom

Reply to
Jason Reynolds