3.0 Duratec DOHC Startup Noise

I have an Escape with the 3.0 Duratec V6. If it sits for a week or so without running, there is grinding, rattling startup noise for less than a second on the first startup. It never does it any other
time. I use 5W30 Mobil-1 and Motorcraft oil filters. Anyone know the cause of this noise and if it will harm anything? How can it be prevented?
TIA
remove nospam to reply
g snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.nospam.com says...

It's probably the cam chains rattling before the tensioner pumps up. It was common on the 2.5L used in the Contour. It didn't cause any damage, just noise.
What that noise is on the 4.6 L DOHC engine is cam chain rattle against the chain guards until the hydraulic tensioners tighten the chain via oil pressure. Yours is probably the same; it's harmless.