3.0L V6 temp unstable

I have a1994 Aerostar with the V6 3.0L motor. My engine temp is very unstable, running between 205 and 235 with an NEW 180 degree thermostat installed.
I have replaced in last several years, all hoses, water pump, radiator, thermostat several times, the fan clutch. Sometimes I see a swing from 150 degrees to 250 degrees in just a few seconds.
And not, I am not using the installed gauge, I have a mechanical temperature sensor installed.
And ideas?
ANYTHING AT ALL?
Back up the readings with a different gauge. That way you will know for sure if it is the gauge or a cooling problem.

This IS the second guage, the orginal gage did the same thing. I have a COOLING problem.

Bellsouth.net. What a surprise.
Newsgroups: alt.autos.ford
Subject: Re: Fuck You Thomas Moats. Lines: 36 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4522.1200
snipped-for-privacy@yahoio.com wrote:

--
Tom
TS3

The heat sometimes works and sometimes does not.
How do I check or get rid of air lock?

Exactly my point.

I'm not sure what Thomas did wrong. It sounded like good advise to me. Keep up the good post Thomas.
John

I did nothing wrong.

Is the 180~ thermostat the correct one for that engine? You may want to try a higher temp, correct thernostat for that engine. Chuck