3 year old mondeo owners please help

Hi, have a 3 year old mondeo ( new type). Reversing lights gone, went to fuse box to change fuse but we have no cover on the box. The lid should tell you which fuse is which. I have been on the web, but can only find the old type of fuse box ( more than 3 years old). All the manual says is "look at fuse box lid to find correct fuse". Went out today to buy a hayes car book, but the new mk 3 mondeo book is not due out untill June. Can anyone help please by telling me which fuse it is, or even snap a photo of the cover lid for me? Ever picture I have found on the web is for the mk1 or 2, Much thanks

Reply to
Pete S

"3 year old mondeo owners please help"

Sorry I'm not 3yrs old so I guess I can't respond ;-)

Reply to
I. Care

I don't think you will get much help on this. Most Mondeo owners are at least in their teens. Very few are 3 years old. And few of those can type. (Subject: "3 year old mondeo owners please help")

You should be able to ask your dealer for help or a diagram. You might even be able to buy a new cover. Or they might have one in their previously-owned car lot or even in the shop they can let you look at.

Plus, if a fuse is blown, shouldn't you be able to identify which one? Worst case scenario is you take out each one and find that it is good.

You should also be able to tell if their is voltage at the switch with a meter. This will even eliminate your need to know if the fuse has, how shall I say it, done a Chernobyl and melted down.

Your idea of searching the web is a good one. Unfortunately, it did not pan out.

Jeff

PS, if you are walking around town, look for a Modeo of your vintage. I bet the owner would let you take a peak at the cover.

And, if not, figure out where he lives. Then, in the middle of the night, you can get a new cover for free. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff

There is a service for garages that let them get technical info in England on Fords:

maybe you can join or go to a garage that gets this.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Just got this from the mondeo forum (Hence why I can not find the bloody thing under the clove compartment, after spending 45 minutes taking every fuse out 3 times -- LOL !!)

response to tankieFuse F80 (brown 7.5amp)is in Central Junction Box (under the bonnet). This12 volt supply then goes to the Reverse Light Switch which is locted at thetop of the gearchange bracket then to the reverse light bulbs and then tochasis.

Reply to
Pete S