Subject Author Posted Replies

99 Contour
Two questions. Other than oil changes what should I be doing at 95,000? Timing belt? Flush cooling? Runs good.
1
1

wheels from Mk1 on Mk2
I just bought a 2006 Focus (Studio TDCi). I would like to get some wheels from the scrapyard and have winter tyres fitted on them. The scrapyards are full of Mk1 (pre-2005) Focuses. My questions are:...

2002 Ford Escort engine problem
Ok guys..with fixing my hobby dead aerostar in the backyard, ran into a problem with our third car, a 2002 ford escort. bout 2 months back the head gasket broke and had that chocolate creamy look in...
5
5

A/C BROKE
02 Explorer XLT V8 Son in law fiddled with the ac controls and now cold air only comes out the defroster holes. Is there any "easier" way to fix this than pulling the dash out? ouch This happened some...
1
1

2005 Escape Hybrid Transfer Case
I have a 2005 Escape Hybrid AWD with 125,000 miles on it. I just had what I thought was a bad wheel bearing diagnosed as a bad transfer case. If I am reading the tech doc correctly, this is a very...

2002 Ford Escort cv axle question
okay, changed out driver side cv axle with some difficulty. Today ended up changing out the passenger side. Compared up the old one with the new one and I notice the remanufactured one I bought doesnt...
3
3

ford Aerostar battery cables
okay since i cant figure out whats wrong with the solenoid..ive decided to just change out the battery cables since they look somewhat worn and dryed question is that the orginal negative cable comes...
4
4

ford aerostar starter solenoid problem
Have a 1990 Ford Aerostar and instaled a new solenoid bought from Autozone for only 10 bucks. Well on first crank it starts but then the starter kept turning and wouldnt stop cranking despite the fact...
17
17

Battery cables corroding
A generic question - I just put in a new battery in the Foad about a = year ago and the cables were original, but shiney and no corrosion. I = had trouble starting it this week and saw that both + and...
2
2

2005 Escape Replaced Entire Front Axle for ABS Tone ring
Okay, I would have expected that all you need to do is replace that cheesy tone ring when it cracks. I watched my brother (who is an experienced mechanic) replace this. By the time you remove the...
3
3

1994 Escort LX Wagon 5 speed-Trans fluid on driver's side floormat
I have a pool of what appears to be transaxle fluid collecting on the driver's side floormat. 2 auto techs say the fluid is coming on/up the speedometer cable, into the dash area behind the...

anyone got experience on the spark plug blowout on the triton engine??
this is a 4.6, but the 5.4 has the same problem. i've seen the fix it kits but question them. of course, ford wants an arm and a leg to do this job and what's the chances of another blow out from...
4
4

2005 Escape ABS light from Tone Ring?
Someone here suggested that a defective tone ring would cause the ABS light to go on. Mine goes on and off but I hear no noise from the brakes. Wouldn't a defective tone ring give off a audible noise?...

Tires not holding air?
I have a strange tire problem...... I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta, purchased new in late February of 2011. It is the SE Hatchback (not SFE) with Kumho Solus KH25 185/60-15 tires on alloy wheels. For the...
33
33

1999 Taurus 24v miss
Has 143,000 miles, plugs changed 3 yrs ago with motorcraft. Has a miss on #3. Check engine may be a egr sensor. When the outside air temp is cool it runs ok, but if air temp gets hot and car has it...