302 valve ticking/tapping...

Page 2 of 2
"pick one" <try again!> wrote in message comcast.net You can figure thatout,

Sheesh you really are dense... You think that over 37 years it is not possibly that someone swapped a different motor into the car? People did it all the time. Original motor wears out and they just throw in whatever they have laying around or can get for cheap.
Oh, and by the way, Clevelands rock! :)
Cory

It was a transplant.
Just asking, because other wise if all the numbers are correct it's some what a rare find and if in good enough shape a keeper. In the last months of the 69 model year the 351W stock was depleted, so the C engine was installed.

pick one wrote:

The former owner installed the Cleveland about 20 years ago. I believe it had a 302 originally. Its an interesting car. Really bare bones. Rubber mats, no radio, manual brakes and steering, 3 speed manual trans. It was probably some sort of fleet vehicle. There's not much left of the rear quarters or trunk and the frame is rusted through.
I have to apologize, I thought I read 69.

Get used to it, things happen. Why do you suppose new car dealerships have service departments?