351C CASTING NUMBERS

I have a 68 galaxie conv. with a 351c engine. I belve the car came with a 302 acording to the vin. I 'm wondering what kind & what year it is. block # D2AE-CA & 3624 intake # DOAE-9425-L , heads # D3ZE AA 31975 3G25 3G31. I know some one out there has the answers. any help would be apreciated. also i resealed the engine it had been sitting for 10 years. head gaskets front cover set timing chain. when i put it back togather it ran 10 min. & puked all the coolant out. new thermo. brass ring in . i work at a dodge dealership one of my freinds sounds like you put the head gaskets on backwords. So i tore it back down they were properly instaled. So i'm putting it back togather i'll finish it tommorro.The temp. got up to

230 quick could it be running to lean ? thermo. opens in 10 min then pukes. I'll let you know what happens. thanks BOBBY
Reply to
bobby

Most Cleveland engines take a proprietary thermostat. In other words, don't install an "it fits" thermostat because it is not designed for the Cleveland. Use a thermostat that specifically is called for by an auto parts store. Once you see it and how it fits in the housing, you will understand. A regular thermostat will overheat the engine, similar to what you are describing.

Reply to
Kruse

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III