351c problem please help

ok here is the deal i am a 16 year old kid rebuildin this engine by myself i ran into a problem i thought i had 4v heads but i have 2v heads i have a
torker intake and a edelbroke 650 carb will this setup work wit a 2v head ?? thats the first question second ok say it dosent i can sell the heads and buy other ones or even buy a intake for the 2v heads i want a fast car 350hp++ u know wat set up should i go wit2v heads or 4v heads ?? wat is faster 2v or 4v at least for the street a 11 to 12 second car will be apreciated
here is my car please help fast sugestions to make the car faster i have about 2000 dollars i can spend so ya
bored 30 over crank10 10 keith black hypertic pistons new everytin from water pump to fuel pump starter ext..... 650 edelbrock carb torker intake 2v heaads?? iono hooker headers large cam i think 570 somtin lift iono forgot the question is should i keep the 2v heads or go with 4v heads im set up for 4v heads but iont care i can sell everytin and stay wit a 2v set up if thats better or sell the heads and get 4v if thats better i jus want it to be fast not a daily driver jus a toy wat should i do ?????
keep the 2V heads. the 4V heads are a pain in the azz to set up, and keep in tune. plus they only run rite at wide open throttle.
have u had both heads are the 2vs any good i jus want very fast
Tom wrote:

i have had 2 351's with the 4X heads, and both ran like poop if i did not keep on top of them. and they did not run on the street at all. drag race full throttle only. the 2V heads were much better in my opinion. the first thing i did to the 69 mustang was pull the 4V heads and put a set of 2V heads on it .that made the car drivable. it still only got 6 mpg, but at least i could drive it mre than i had to work on it .

Check out www.FordMuscle.com for a wealth of information on your project.

need to know what car it is, rear end ratio, trany, ect. it all matters, you don`t just build a eng. you build a whole unit. KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.
Kevin Bottorff wrote:

for the most part the 2bb heads are better for the street. more closely matched to the flow used up to 5000 RPM. much better torque. KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.
i figured the 4v heads were a difernt type of fast and the 2v were a difernt type of fast too but ya i ended up buyin closed chamberd heads 4v but check this they came with the exhousht plate machiened to jus bolt on u know that will give me low end torque and im gona get a torque converter and that should help out alot u know and ohh ya they have roller rockers and tripple valve springs dont realy know wat the triple valve springs are for though and if they will help any at all jus seems to sound fansy well i bought the heads for 650 lol thats a good deal lol
Kevin Bottorff wrote:

frodojv2007 wrote:

I'm using 2V heads on mine.( the valves and ports are still larger than a 350 chevey) No need for the 4V heads, usable torque would suffer. I'm using the Edelbrock 2V Performer manifold. Originally wanted to use a Weiand Xcellerator 2V but reallized again desirable low speed torque would suffer with the single plenum manifold. Also I've chosen a custom grind Hyd. Roller cam for good low end torque and powerfull midrange-I don't care about anything above 5500 rpm
I did not want to spend a fortune on a engine that runs like crap on the street.