351W questions referals

looking for people to point me to web sites containing info on 351 Windsor engines - cast #, years, prod.#, replacement parts, which are better than others ...etc etc... I'm looking to swap my 302 for a 351 in a 85 Ford Mustang.... any comments

...thanks

Reply to
JC

Get a Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog. They have 351 crate engines from 240, 250, 360, 385 and a stroked 351/392

430 hp. You can build your own, but a crate engine is the way to go. Prefer aftermarket? The Mustang magazines have plenty of crate engine suppliers advertising.
Reply to
Fred Brown
351 engines , especially the Windsor, suck. Rebuild your 302.

Reply to
<hoytd

This, of course, is complete bullshit. Ah, but let's play along for a minute. Oh, guru hoytd, tell us how the various 351engines suck. Do provide references and complete documentation, as well as expert testimony.

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

My comrade has been in the Ford field for 40+ years...he reccomends if you must use a 351, go with the cleaveland, not the windsor, as the windsors tend to be in the shop twice as much as the cleavelands, and the 351's are in the shop 10 times mores than 302's. Its not based on some guy in an office writing up reviews, but rather facts out on the shop floor. I myself drive Fords, but he reccomends to drive Chevys as they are in the shop 1/2 as much as Fords, and the repairs are easier to perform.

Reply to
<hoytd

hoytd pulled a little friend out of his ass and it spoke to him! Told him lies, too. Well, I didn't really expect you to answer the question I asked of you, but at least you did expose yourself as just another shivvy troll. Begone, troll.

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

So then, you have that information? Why don't you tell us and stop drooling!!

Reply to
<hoytd

Ford-bashing troll snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net when cornered blurted out:

You are the >>>351 engines , especially the Windsor, suck.

Alas, when pressed, you can not back up that rash, groundless comment at all. This is just one in a pattern of Ford bashing comments that you have posted since foisting yourself upon this forum. I believe you to be nothing but just another worthless troll. Begone, troll.

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

You are the one using false information on your account, and you dont have the information either.

Reply to
<hoytd

Snip!!!!

Tom There is something you need to understand about mud wrestling with a pig...... You get all dirty and the pig enjoys it!!!!

Reply to
lugnut

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

Lugnut is right !

I have enjoyed it ! I appreciate your responses !

There are only a handful of Thomas Moats in the country! (and even fewer into Fords). I like Earthlink too !

"Where we go one,...We go all."

Reply to
<hoytd

Tom doesn't get it, LugNut !

Reply to
<hoytd

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"JC" wrote in news:GdI7b.5566$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

351 is heavier. 351 is taller. Your hood won't close unless you put a scoop in it. 351 uses more gas. 351s don't make all that much power for their size unless some mods are done.

I'd do the mods to the 302.

Reply to
donutbandit (Leon)

it is 40 lbs heaver, and you can get the hood closed if you check around and find out how.(been there done that)

the 302 to 351 is one of the most popular mods going. It is much more a torque motor and plenty more low end power for a little bit of work. And can be easily built for much more. He is full of it. Good swap Go for it. KB

Reply to
Thundersnake #9 remove spam to reply

Thanx Donut...Thomas Moats is full of himself... He doesnt realize he is just around the corner here.

Reply to
<hoytd

Reply to
Thomas Moats

I agree, it's a good swap. I've done it on several. a 1966, and a 1968. I also added a 3/4 race cam. Until I put traction bars and the widest tires I could get under the stock wheel wells, it was pretty uncontrollable. I bought a low profile air cleaner and chopped of a little of the stud on the carb to eliminate the engine from hitting the hood. I also added a chain to the motor mounts to limit the amount the engine could twist.

it is 40 lbs heaver, and you can get the hood closed if you check around and find out how.(been there done that)

the 302 to 351 is one of the most popular mods going. It is much more a torque motor and plenty more low end power for a little bit of work. And can be easily built for much more. He is full of it. Good swap Go for it. KB

Reply to
<Newsmanager