352 verus 390

HELLO, I OWN AN 66 GALAXIE WITH A 352 IN IT, COULD ANYONE TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 352 AND THE 390 ALL PARTS SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME NUMBERS THANKS JAMES
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
the difference is in the bore and stroke of the engine.

If I remember it right, they shared a block but the 390 had a longer stroke. I think bore was the same. I had the pleasure of driving one of each, both had a lot of grunt.
PoD

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 23:34:11 GMT, "Paul of Dayton"

352 was 4.00 bore, 390 was 4.05
352 was3.5 stroke, 390 was 3.78
352 was 9.3:1 CR, 390 was 9.5:1, 10.5:1 on the 4 bbl and and the 390 GT was 11.0:1

wow clare - either you have a marvelous memory or an equally marvelous library of info - thanks! PoD

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:33:06 GMT, "Paul of Dayton"

Excellent reference library. Worked on the critters for a living for many years - and as a hobby too.

Paul of Dayton wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_FE_engine
Rob

http://phystutor.tripod.com/stang/engines/fe.html