4.6 liter engine VIBRATIONS/Ford LM cars

literally ALL used/new cars have tight vibration running engine up/down through rpms at varying speeds; anyone know why? old 302's never had any of this...and older mileage 4.6 sound 'terrible'
to say the least
the vibration is most likely caused by your trans "jump" I have 5 full size fords with the 4.6, and do not have any vibration problem with them. also, I have driven many other cars with the 4.6, and none of them have a problem either.

Define older mileage. We have had a number of modular motors in my family and I done of them have had any vibration problems. The highest mileage one had 147,000 (5.4L in an Expedition) and it ran very smoothly the day I traded it on a new one. The vast majority of cabs in my area are used Crown Victoria police cars purchased at the State auction sale. Most of these have hundreds of thousands of miles on the engine and they seem to be running just fine.
Ed
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:31:03 GMT, "C. E. White"

I had a van at work with the mod V-10 motor in it and it ran past 250K on the original engine and tranny. Engine was still good when the tranny went out at 255K.