460 Engine burning rich

I recently had a new fuel pump put in my RV built on a E350 and it has a

460 Engine after about 60 miles from the garage on my way home I realized it was burning real rich only about 2miles to a gallon. I have replaced the spark plugs but it still it burning rich any other suggestions?
Reply to
LIL01

Have you checked out your carbaurater yet?

Reply to
Robotnik

Your spark plugs have nothing to do with suddenly being "rich". Since you just changed the fuel pump, it is likely that the fuel pressure is higher than it was with the old pump or, possibly, that a piece of trash was dislodged in the fuel system during the repair that has reached the float valve in the carb. I assume you have a carb - not EFI. You should check the fuel pressure between the pump and carb. If that is correct, then, you probably have trash or some other problem with the carburetor.

If you have EFI, you still need to check the fuel delivery pressure. Many of the fuel pressure regulators in the late eighties and '90's EFI systems were/are prone to failure resulting in high fuel pressure. There are numerous other possibilities but, I am looking at something that may happen during replacement of a fuel pump. If you need additional kelp, you need to post more info on the vehicle like year. There is a great deal of knowledge available in this group but, it feeds on good input info and feedback. Someone probably has your answer.

Reply to
lugnut

The RV is a 93 Dutchman Fuel injected

Reply to