$5 gallon gas wont't stop worlds most thirsty SUV

Page 2 of 2
Hairy wrote:

Once again you don't know what you're talking about, Mr. Substantive-and-Reasonable. I don't do that very often - reserved for very special occasions. Nevertheless, glad I could live down to your expectations. I must be doing something right.
i don't understand how dipstick troll rectal orifaces like you can find a connection between this drivle you post, and ford vehicles that are talked about in a newsgroup called alt autos ford.
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:20:48 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio

Why don't you go form your own newsgroup? A new killfile has just been created.
--
Spike

No, Backyard! The conspiracy theorists think that secretly the Bushies -want- us to cut and run so that Iran -will- do something like test a nuke or close the straits - so that we will have an excuse to invade Iran.
Of course, the more pragmatic of us out there figure that the Bushies don't want to pull out because it would throw too many variables into the upcoming congressional elections. Right now all the Republican races are built on the Hawk arguments of staying the course, arguments that only rcently stopped reverberating with the voters. Those campaigns are all ready committed to the stay-the-course arguments, and it's too late to change direction or they are gonna get accused of being flip-floppers. I think most of the upper Repubublican party masters are now deeply regretting using that argument against the Kerry campaign - it ignored one of the fundamental of politics - that all politicians are flip-floppers. It was a lot like what the Republicans did to Clinton when they accused him of being a liar and forced a special investigation to investigate his lies - they cannot argue against this tactic when it's turned against them with the Delay issue and Valerie Plame issue and the White House leak issue.
The whole thing is kind of like watching the iceberg coming right at you from the bow of the Titantic. The boat is just too massive to turn on a dime, all you can do is sit back and cringe when the inveitable wreck happens. I personally am rather amazed, being a Democrat. The last time the Republicans got ahold of power back in 1980 with Raygun, they managed to hold on to it pretty well for 12 years. Now it's pretty well a given that they are going to lose it after only 6. I was sure they were going to be more clever about it than that.
Ted
The dimocrats want to pull out of Iraq now because things are coming together in Iraq and they will loose the biggest issue in November.
mike hunt

Hairy wrote:

And we all know how happy that makes you and your liberal buddies. Pretty sad when whatever side you're on becomes so entrenched in their politics that you have to wish for bad things to happen and rejoice when they do.
So what's your precious U.N. doing about Iran? Oh that's right - they can't do anything because the major players (nations and individuals) are so caught up financially in helping them succeed. More bad things for you to cheer about.
Bill Putney wrote:

Oh and while I'm on the subject - as usual, while the U.N is sitting around with its collective thumb up its butt, once again, by default, the U.S. will be forced to make the really tough decisions and take action and do all the heavy lifting and make 99% of the sacrifices, and the liberals will once again be able to criticize and urge hatred of the U.S. around the world for taking military action and not using "diplomatic means" to solve the problem.

Off your meds again, Bill? How did you get all that from my simple statement of fact?
Dave
Hairy wrote:

More liberal tactics.
How did you get all that from my simple statement of fact?
By reading it and taking it at face value. If that is your observation, then you don't know much about the subject (either thru willful ignorance or from listening to very biased filtered sources (just another form of willful ignorance).
Hairy wrote:
Lost the attribution in my last post - should have been:

More liberal tactics.

By reading it and taking it at face value. If that is your observation, then you don't know much about the subject (either thru willful ignorance or from listening to very biased filtered sources (just another form of willful ignorance).

Hardly... It's obvious that you read it and then put your own spin on it. There are lots of conservatives that aren't happy with the situation in Iraq, too, and saying so.
If that is your observation,

Name a news source that shows no bias.

"Simple statement of fact"
Where did you get that? Al Quaeda in Iraq is coming apart... not coming together. Or do you get your news from Al Zarqawhi?
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Feel better now Ted?
<<His SUV will burn more fossil fuel in one day's time than you could in your full-size Hummer in 200 years. >>
Bush does not own AF1, we do, he's just renting it. And so did the president before him and the one after him. I guess he's supposed to spend a week driving himself from Washington to Los Angeles in a rubber-floored Corolla to make you feel good?