5 Speed 96 Ford Escort

I have a 1996 Escort Wagon, with 150,000 miles on it. I took it in for inspection and got a P1443 code when they did the emissions control test. The local inspection place did not have a listing for the code. The car runs
great. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Evaporative Emission Control System - Vacuum System - Purge Control Solenoid or Purge Control Valve fault
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/ford/index.php
Did they let you pass? If so, you were lucky.
Check for locations at autozone.com. Look for problems with vac tubing, wiring, etc.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Nah, they didn't pass it. At least it doesn't sound to expensive!!! I thought it might be a catalytic converter.
Thanks
Thanks for the help!

Mike wrote:

Real common Escort problem. It's either the Canister Purge Valve or Purge Flow Sensor. If you get the parts fron Ford, they come together in a kit. If you buy them aftermarket get them both. They should be replaced at the same time. MUCH cheaper than a converter :)
How difficult is this to replace and could you direct me to an online source that shows how to do it.
Thanks for all the help guys!!

Mike wrote:

I don't know of an online "how to", but it's a really simple process. Both pieces are located in a vacuum line on the left side of the engine compartment ahead of the strut tower. The line runs along the top of the frame rail with some other wiring and lines. Each part has an electrical connector.
canister<----vac line-----PFS----CPV----vac line------>to engine
Just get the parts, locate them, and swap them out. 15 minutes or less.