52 lincoln

hey guys, found a 52 lincoln capri in my area, asking price is $3k, wondering what you guys thought of it or if you knew of some good web resources.
here's the pic the dude posted, i took the rest today on my cell phone.
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/7100.jpg
back seat, all seats would need to be reupholstered.
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/capbseat.jpg
except for the bumpers and headlight covers the chrome is all good. but both bumpers have the surface rust.
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/capbump.jpg
below the hawaiin lady you see the switch that runs the fuel pump, what would be needed to ditch that?
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/capdash.jpg
one of the door panels, it has power windows that go up smoother then my 87 5th ave's do.
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/capdoor.jpg
292 Y Block
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/capeng.jpg
has all 4 of these hubcabs, appear to be a little dented
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/caphub.jpg
vin tag, anyone decode?
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/capvin.jpg
the front and rear windows are fine but every doors window has a crack and the drivers is the worst
http://redcatmedia.com/pete/stuff/web/capwin.jpg
oh and the underbody looked pretty good and all the floor panels and turnk. there was a few small dots of bubbling rust in a rear quarter panel and in front of the driver side door there was a decent size bubble, nothing has broken through, yet. There was also a valve, a plumbing store variety valve under the hood, I'm assuming to turn the water flow to the heater core on/off.

The bottom line is that you are going thinking about buying a car that is going to need a lot of work and maintaince if you want to enjoy the car. The $3k you are talking about is only a down payment of what you are going to spend on this car to get in the shape you want and to maintain it afterwards.
I am not saying it is or is not a good idea or a good price. Only that the $3k is just a small part of the money and sweat that is going to go into this car.
I think that if you got it up to very good condition, it would be worth around $20-30k, but that is after lots of money and lots of work. If I were interested in restoring an older car, I would definitely be interested.
Here is a similar car that sold for around $6k. So I think the price is right. http://www.cars-on-line.com/18385.html
and here is another one for $17k: http://www.vast.com/cars/used-Lincoln.Capri/mileage-1.15000
I think the idea is right if you want to fix up the car and have a great car, but it is going to take a bunch of work. Excellent project.
Jeff
thanks guys, my goal would be to restore it, I'm currently doing research to see how much that would cost and how difficult its going to be to even find the parts.

Max Power wrote:

Thats a capri isn't it?
looks like a cuban owns that thing...
Whats in it for an engine? 317?