Subject Author Posted Replies

bumper cover installation
My wife backed out of the driveway the other day, cracking the bumper cover on her car. Can i get this painted and install myself, or will flexing from installation crack the paint? its a honda...
4
4

opinions on synthetic oil
Have a question on how long to run this synthetic oil. My work truck, they run regular filters, synthetic oil, and run it for 6K miles I started doing the same in my wifes new car, and my truck. Is 6K...
24
24

In defense of the gasoline-powered internal combustion engine
(Car Lust) - Cars are everywhere because they're fantastic at mobilizing us and giving us the freedom of movement. Today's car and its gasoline-powered internal combustion engine is essentially a...
32
32

Ford F-150 airbag safety probe expanded by U.S. regulators
Ford F-150 airbag safety probe expanded by U.S. regulators January 21, 2010 - 3:00 pm ET NHTSA says some 1.56 million Ford F-150 trucks from the 2004-2006 model years are being investigated....

Caravan COLD Engine Oil Leak?? Help!!
Hi everyone, I know that this is the "Ford" group, but unfortunately there is only like 10 people posting in the "Dodge" group, so I will still try to get some info. here from any mechanics in the...
16
16

GM challenges Ford to heavy-duty pickup tug of war
sat down with Tom Stephens, General Motors' vice chairman of global product operations at the Detroit Auto Show, and during the course of the conversation, Stephens began espousing the virtues of the...
2
2

new key and fob for 2005 expy
Is there a way to get a new key and fob for my 2005 Expedition ? I lost the 2nd key that I had and am down to a single key and fob. Thanks, Lynn
2
2

Crash Course
"CRASH COURSE - The American Automobile Industry's Road from Glory to Disaster" by Paul Ingrassia ( ) Paul Ingrassia of the Wall Street Journal, who covered the American auto industry for a...
13
13

Mustangs
Im starting up a forum if you would like to join in come join us and get in at the startup. Its about Mustangs!

Sun Visors on 2000 Windstar
I am having a problem with the driver's side sun visor on my Windstar. It doesn't stay in place when I position it to block the sun. I am not able to find a way to tighten it. My mechanic said they...
1
1

water pump leaking
I have water pump leaking from a unthreaded hole on the side of it going into the pump not into the motor like a bolt up hole -Is this a freeze plug and can it be replaced -this is the original...
3
3

AU - BA ute canopy wanted
Hi, Does anyone have a canopy with racks and sliding windows for a AU to BA ute. I am at Tweed Heads, and can pick up if reasonably close. Thanks, Howard
1
1

ot: about a few local people
When literally "the tactical nuke or chemical or gas attack is rumored to be in progress by anti USA humans also known more commonly as terrorists are in your neighborhood, including but not limited...

Rain X washer fluid
Just wondered if anyone has run into trouble with RainX. I've heard that RainX will clog the windshield washers on some cars. Clog up the washer jets, or maybe clogging the pump. Anyway, I have one...
16
16

2005 Escape Fuel Problem (no check engine light yet)
My 2005 Escape is starting to give me trouble after 5 years (44k miles) . I recently noticed very poor fuel economy and soemtimes difficult to start. My wife noticed that when she started the engine,...
2
2