Subject Author Posted Replies

98 ranger vacuum hub locks
I have a 98 ranger 4wd. Today, I engaged 4wd successfully (observed lots of wind-up when I turned on dry pavement), left it engaged, and drove 11 miles. When I got to the bottom of my driveway, it had...

Ford, Toyota, Subaru and Hyundai Group spurred a year-end U.S. sales rally that took some sting out of a painful year.
DETROIT -- Ford, Toyota, Subaru and Hyundai Group spurred a year-end U.S. sales rally that took some sting out of a painful year. Overall, December sales of 1,030,096 light vehicles rose 15 percent...
1
1

Need input on Diagnostic Code Readers (97 4.6)
I see there are a number of pocket scans that are fairly cheap. My check engine light seems like its been on forever but I always manage to get it smogged. I get a pass this year but I would just like...
2
2

Ranger done yet?
Any news on when the ranger will be done, and they'll make their next midsize or small pickup?
5
5

91 Merc Topaz
Anyone have some wiring diagrams for Merc Topaz heater controls? These things are notorious for burning push button switches. I have a factory shop manual and can you believe not ONE wire color or...
5
5

2008 Crown Victoria Radio w/sat button
Does anyone know who makes the radio that is installed by the factory?

Duratec engine transmission mounting
Are the automatic transmission bolt patterns the same for a 2000 Duratec and the standard 12 valve v-6? All in one week, my wife's 2002 Taurus trans died over the weekend and my daughter's 2000 Taurus...
4
4

Duratec engine transmission mounting
Are the automatic transmission bolt patterns the same for a 2000 Duratec and the standard 12 valve v-6? All in one week, my wife's 2002 Taurus trans died over the weekend and my daughter's 2000 Taurus...

A mightier Mustang: Ford offers 5.0-liter engine option
A mightier Mustang: Ford offers 5.0-liter engine option ? To those not steeped in Ford Mustang history, the news that the 2011 model will come with the option of a 5.0-liter engine probably sounds...

Buying a Car?
I'm an ex-car salesman and have written a manual about purchasing a vehicle without getting raked over the coals. The cost is only $10.00 and I guarantee savings of at least $500.00 from the...
8
8

Tundra vs. F150
well, My personal 05 F150 is coming up due for replacement. For the last year i've been driving an 08 toyota tundra for work. I am seriously considering switching to get one of these. I do need to get...
17
17

What is Clunk in Driveline, '93 AeroStar
I've got a 1993 Aerostar with 4wd. When you let off the gas, or accelerate somewhat powerfully, you get a pretty loud clunk in the driveline. I'm wondering if this is common, and more specifically,...
3
3

PICS: 1995 Ford GT90 Supercar up for auction - 250mph 720hp
> If Ford first introduced the GT90 Concept at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show next month, it probably would probably consider it one of the coolest cars on the show floor. Incredibly, Ford unveiled the...
1
1

98 Taurus VSS Removal
Well guys, I got myself in a jam. After a half hour trying to locate the VSS and another half hour trying to find the right combination of extensions and a universal joint I finally got the 10mm...
2
2

OT: Can I drill plastic auto bumper
Pardon the nickel/dimer ... I got a replacement license plate bracket for '94 TBird front bumper from a junkyard. Fits the curve of the bumper, but the mounting holes are a little off. Bumper is...
1
1