57 Plymouth to be unearthed from 50 year Time Capsule

I know it has been a long time since Plymouth closed it doors, but Plymouth was made by Chrysler, not Ford, GM or Pontiac.

You have some wrong newsgroups.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

is this an advertisement for Tulsa OK or a cool story about a car? because I went to the site and I'm not seeing nearly enough info about the car.

Reply to
Max Power

I think its a cool public announcement on the exciting festivities to happen when they unearth the car in June after being buried for 50 years.

Reply to
Mr Rocker Fella

I think these are all automotive newsgroups, although it has been buried for

50 years the Plymouth is still an Auto.
Reply to
Mr Rocker Fella

This is still remarkable in it's own right.... This is an article about a little piece of automotive history... long before we started seeing cars that look like a half used bar of soap.

Aside from the cross posting, I'm all for little notes like this...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I'm sure he will appreciate you straightening him out.

Maybe he thought that car buffs wouldn't care that it isn't a brand covered by the newsgroup?

Good thing you caught it. Now you can go back to work selling Toyotas.

Reply to
Scott

Will probably be a pile of rust when they lift the lid.

Reply to
Frank from Deeetroit

"Mr Rocker Fella" wrote in news:45cf6b5d$0$6835$ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

Plus, the '57/'58 Fury's are probably some of the best looking cars ever made. Sure as hell a lot more attractive than a 57/58 Ford or Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, etc.. In my opinion anyway. Christine from the Stephen King novel/film was a '57 or '58 Fury. The design concepts for these cars was the 'forward look'. It'll be interesting to see if the car still looks brand new. Hopefully, they'll start it up and drive it a bit.

Reply to
Grappletech

If it is anything like the beautiful '57 red 2D HT I owed, they will not find much except a pile of rust LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not just you, Grapple. Some of those cars looked good. And properly kitted out, they ran like a scalded ape.

Reply to
<HLS

That was why I bought one, it was one outstanding looking, gutsy, car. A year later it was a rusting rattle trap so I dumped it. Unfortunately I bought a '58 Chevy 2 DR HT and it too was a rust bucket. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
Mr Rocker Fella

I think it will be intact cuz I think its in an airtight vault.

Reply to
Mr Rocker Fella

Reply to
Mr Rocker Fella

O no!! "Christine" back again!!! Playing those old Do Wop music on her radio!!!

Reply to
Andy & Carol

More than your useless cross post. Most of us have owned autos from many of the manufacturers and are car buffs that enjoy the older models. It was of interest to many given the number of positive replies.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The cross posting is unfortunate, but I, for one, enjoy this sort of information, no matter what the name of the newsgroup

As previously mentioned, most of us are car buffs, not just Ford, or GM, or Chrysler cheerleaders.\

Reply to
<HLS