Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: What percentage of 20 year old cars are on the road?
State motor vehicle deparments probably have the data, although it might need to be massaged in order to make sense of it. If magazines & newspapers can get the information, you probably can too....
18
18

2010 Taurus SHO prices
Stopped at a local Ford dealer last night to look at the new 2010 Taurus. They had a loaded 2010 SHO sitting there. Sticker price was $46,000. Also looked at the "Limited" version with it's $37,000...

Comment on new Toyota Highlander (was: Results of Weekend Shopping for a New Car For My Mother)
I actually drove the new Highlander this past weekend and I thought I pass along my impressions: The good: - 4 cylinder engine has decent power and it moves the car just fine - not much different than...

Question about ford IMRC
I have a ford with a 3.8L engine. There is a vacuume controlled butterfly valve on the intake manifold that opens and closes based on engine RPM. The system is called Intake Manifold Runner Contorl...
4
4

Will Ford Go A Begging?
Second tsunami will hit soon, 3-5 months. As car sales plummet even more and FORD can not refinance its debt, will it too go a begging? A car company that is essentially private via the the 2 classes...
16
16

value of a 99 ford escort zx2 without engine
my timing belt broke as well and ruined the engine all in one fell swoop. now that everything else has been replaced on that car and i was certian nothing else could go wrong with it, i am ready to...
3
3

Totalled Taurus
Hi, I have a 93 Taurus wagon, 3.8, 145k miles A short time ago while my daughter was driving the car was struck on the right side by a van entering a traffic circle. Damage was superficial, RR door...
14
14

2011 Ford Explorer [Spied again]
For the better part of a year, our spy photographers have seen Explorer mules wearing Taurus X and Flex body panels running all over the country. But, after months of hunting, we've finally caught up...

97 Thunderbird, brakes have begun to pull slightly
Not much, just a little tug on the wheel. Stops straight no problem. Thought it might be pads so I replaced them (not as worn as I thought) with more expensive set (ceramic). On the left front, one of...
7
7

Re: Results of Weekend Shopping for a New Car For My Mother
She bought a four cylinder front wheel drive Toyota Highlander! Come on, this is not a Excursion, it is a Camry wagon (more or less). The EPA rates it 20 city, 27 Highway, 22 Combined.....not as good...
9
9

Re: Results of Weekend Shopping for a New Car For My Mother
Why won't I be intereseted in the Taurus. It seemed to be a nice car, very well assembled, and I am confident it would be at least as reliable as the Toyota Venza. I liked the Venza too, but more for...

Re: Results of Weekend Shopping for a New Car For My Mother
I'm not disagreeing with your mom's choice but why does she need an SUV?? What were her needs from a technical perspective?
5
5

Re: built in America etc - OT sorta
Mike: I defer to you on most matters - but I can assure you, 100%, no doubt, done deal.....that Packard bought Studebaker. Packard was a much smaller company, but was "gilt edged" with money in the...
1
1

OMG..2002 Taurus, Transmission.. The Rub Board thumpy noise and feeling?
It's a ''AX4N'' Transmission in a 2002 Ford Taurus. It's that rub-board sound in 4th gear when you're just crusing along, up/down hills straight/curves all give the sound/feeling of "rub-board...
2
2

Ignition Key wont return to run position when I start the car 1995 Thunderbird
I have a 1995 Thunderbird When I turn the key in the ignition to start the car, it will not return to the run possition, it just stays in the further "start" position. I have to manually rotate it to...
1
1