Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Which car is built in America?
No, simply disputing the false impression given in your post.

Re: Which car is built in America?
You are correct. Search the US Department of Commerce site for who actually uses the most AMERICAN parts and materials. Toyota buys it parts and materials, for the vehicles it assembles in the US,...
34
34

Focus 2006 AC
Hi, Compressor won't click in, there's no demand to the relay. Pressure is ok, pressure switches are ok. AC light comes on but nothing else happens. Any ideas? Are there any diagnostics I can get to?...
7
7

Re: F150 Lowering kit
If you lower or jack up your car or truck, change the wheels or tires from stock or make any other chassis mods, watch out! There are some smart lawyers out there who will interrogate you in court...

2000 Taurus replace bumper cover but what about absorber?
Just curious, the bumper cover is easy enough to replace, but it looks like the service manual indicates that rivets need to be removed to replace the bumper absorber beneath the cover. Do new rivets...
6
6

Anyone know the transmission type/name for this car?
It's a 2002 ford taurus. I checked Ford's website and found info with the VIN Code. I found the ENGINE TYPE "U" is as VULCAN engine 3.0 liter V-6 OHV w/155 HP. But I can't locate the Transmission type...
27
27

Iacocca Silver 45th-Anniversary Edition Ford Mustang Bound for Barrett-Jackson Vegas Auction
The 550-horsepower No. 5 Iacocca Silver 45th-Anniversary Edition Ford Mustang will cross the auction block on Friday at the 2009 Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas event. Read More: NewsHub: Latest auto news...
5
5

Parting out 1992 Ford Explorer
I am parting out a 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4. I have many good parts. The interior is very clean. The body is in very good condition. Parts from this will fit the 91-94 model year explorers, and some...
1
1

Ford Taurus-- P225/60/r16 "Correct Tire Pressure PSI" ??
I just bought 2 new front tires sizes P225/60/r16 "Guardsman Guardsman Plus" tires from Sears. I also got a front end alignment. Anyways..Reading the tire is impossible, at least for me it is. So...
13
13

'92 Crown Vic Lost All Power Except Interior Light
My son has a '92 Crown Vic that was running fine. He parked it for a few minutes and when he tried to start it again, it had lost all power. The only sign of life is you will get the interior light...
2
2

Car Steering Question
My wife has a 2000 Lincoln Continental with 120,000 miles on it. For awhile, there's been a low level squeaking/rubbing sound when turning the steering wheel both ways at low speed...intermittently....
8
8

Worlds best seller is hated by the Environuts
Our planet may be in trouble: according to Top Gear, the best-selling car in the world is the Ford F-150 pickup truck. They are sold at an astonishing rate of 107 every hour of every day of the year,...
18
18

Re: GM kills Saturn after Penske ends deal. Obama Motors announces "Yugo" rebirth.
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 04:48:24 +0000, who fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out: Wir sind die Jungs von der Opel-Gang, wir haben alle abgehängt. Wir sind die Jungs von der Opel-Gang, wir haben...

Gearshift sticks in Park
Got in my 97 Tbird day before yesterday, started it, went to put it in reverse to back out, and it took me 3-4 minutes to get it out of park. It's continued to do this to where yesterday afternoon, it...
9
9

a crown vic question
have 2 99 crown vics, and 1 99 grand marquis. all 3 of them the battery will die if left sitting unused for more than 5 days, and on my P71, it has a mind of it's own. i can drive 500 miles, shut the...
7
7