6.0 vs 7.3 diesel

Am considering replacing my 2001 7.3 diesel with a new 6.0. Would like to hear from users that had the 7.3 and am now driving the 6.0 as to how they compare power wise. Have heard about the stalling problems (test drove a 6.0 and it burped several times and died as I was parking it). Need to know if the new engine is as good or better for pulling my 9000 pound trailer. Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Grable

I haven't read much good about the 6.0L. In fact, Ford canceled a V6 diesel project with the same manufacturer (Navistar?) due to problems with the 6.0L. There have been issues with bad injectors and other problems resulting in total engine failure. Ford has even bought back problem vehicles.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann