600 mile range Federal law needed

Didn't the Nash 600 come out in the early '40's claiming 30mpg on a 20 gallon gas tank?

Reply to
Count Floyd

He has a great monolog about religion where he says he's decided to cut all the crap and just worship the sun.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

There's been a lot of those in automotive history. Secret: make the car really really light with a really really small underpowered engine. It works really well until you decide to go up a hill, drive fast on the interstate, or another bigger car runs into you.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Or we could just fire the supreme court, use voting machines that actually work right and get rid of the republikans fixing the elections. Bush never did win either election. But then, you probably believe the lies told by the bush puppy media.

Regardless, the facts still remain. We could have more energy efficient vehicles in the near future if bush/cheney would quit pandering to the oil companies.

Reply to
Don

If indeed we can look past your hate of Bush and everything Republican for a few minutes, lets look at Clinton's eight years in office and his lack of "more energy efficient vehicles". How do you explain your contempt for it not happening under Bush, when it never happened under Clinton either??? You would be much more successful in your endeavor "more energy efficient vehicles" if you could untangle that issue from your politics, and identify the real obstacles. Your Bush bashing approach really throws your credibility into question on this issue.

Reply to
351CJ

Under Clinton, a clear majority of the people were not really all too concerned with gas prices at an average of about $1.50.

Under bush, the price of gas has doubled in just 4½ years. Hell, it's gone up over a $1.00 in the last month. And we all know it's not because of Katrina. Members of both parties D's and R's alike are calling these high prices "GOUGING." And since bush is pandering to the oil companies that paid his election bills...

Al Gore did talk about money for "renewable" energy during his campaign, but the media would rather have had you believing that all he was good for was lying about the internet. And since Al Gore was a member of the Clinton administration, I guess under Clinton, something was being done.

Reply to
Don

And the astronauts never went to the moon, and the earth is flat, and Sadam never had WMD's, and Bush prayed hurricane Katrina into being and hitting the gulf coast. Yeah yeah - heard it all before from the lunatic fringe.

Bill Putney

And it didn't happen under Reagan, nor Carter, Nor Ford, nor Nixon.

Yes, typical pro-Bush supporter. The hell with freedom of expression. Expressing Bush is an idiot who lied and has killed countless American soldiers so he can tell his Daddy "Look Daddy, I got Saddam for you, Do you forgive me for being an alcohilic cokehead?" is totally wrong. Under the bush Administration any anti Bush sentiment is totally uncalled for. He is the Best there ever was!!!

Reply to
David

Man - talk about being high on something!! Take deep breaths.

Bill Putney

So who has been prevented from expressing themselves?

Go back and read your sentence. You are saying that "Expressing that Bush is an idiot who...[did this and that]...is totally wrong". You're not even writing logical sentences (besides what you're claiming being totally FOS). You should be gellin', not yellin'.

Once again - you don't appear to be able to get your thoughts out. To say that anti-Bush sentiment is uncalled for sounds like you support Bush - which I get the distinct impression is not what you are intending to say. Again, you're coming off like a crazy man.

So who is saying that? When you make ludicrous claims about what people are saying when they are not saying anything close to what you are claiming, as someone else said, you lose credibility. But - hey - Michael Moore would be very proud. Keep up the good work. Makes our side look good.

Bill Putney

Now Bush is killing? I was under the impression that it was enemy combatants and terrorists that were killing. Silly me.

Welcome back to the group, Lloyd.

Reply to
Greg Houston

You're very confused. Surely you must realize that we WILL have much more energy efficient vehicles as long as the price of gas stays VERY HIGH. The problem with it right now is it's too low to sell fuel efficient vehicles, and nobody will buy them. The technology is child's play.

It's certainly possible to mandate efficient vehicles, ration gasoline, and sell it for 25 cents a gallon (or somewhere in there). Amazingly (to me, at least) no country on earth ever did that. They all chose many years ago to get the price VERY HIGH instead. America is the only country that tried to keep it low and mandate efficiency without rationing. That is because we want our poor folks to be able to drive without so much hardship. Other countries want their poor to take the bus. It's a different set of ideals. In a sense, our plan has backfired, because people switched to trucks (that didn't have mandated efficiency) and burned the cheap gas like crazy, creating the current and future fuel shortage.

I realize this is just a urinating contest, and I hope you won't think less of me because I said something about it. I just really am having a hard time beliving that any liberal could as ignorant as you are pretending to be, arguing the opposite side from the one you're supposed to.

And for pete's sake stop crossposting.

Reply to
Joe

No, it's because OPEC doesen't like it when one of their partners in crime gets invaded, even when that partner really needs to get invaded.

Everyone forgets that the vast majority of people in the Mid East don't own cars and have practically no use for all that oil under their feet. Instead what they really care about is pushing Israel into the sea. Most of them would love nothing better to kill a Jew. We are talking thousands of years of animosity and violence between both groups, people, and thousands of years of outsiders (like Romans) keeping both groups whipped up hating each other as it serves their interests.

As long as the US is allied with Israel the Mid East Arabs are going to consider us their enemies based on the "friend of my enemy is my enemy" principle. They have obviously figured out that we want oil and that they can hurt us by making us pay a lot of money for it. And the more things we

do that they don't like the more we are going to pay for it.

You know, seems to me I recall under Clinton that we already knew that SUV's were horrible vehicles and lots of people were trying to find out ways to get rid of them or at least cut down their population on the highways. It was the Republicans who were publically saying "leave them alone everyone should be able to drive whatever they want it's a free country, yappa yappa"

How ironic that it's Bush's policies are directly responsible for the US population turning it's back on the SUV in favor of smaller more fuel efficient vehicles. It seems that the more that the Republicans do to try to discourage government regulation, the more things fall apart and the more that the US population demands more regulation. Just look at what happened with the push to privatize all the public power utilities.

A few more years of this and the liberals will be better off with Bush in there than a real liberal. For years we liberals have tried to warn the US population of the dangers of doing things the Republican way. So we finally had to let the Republicans go ahead and f*ck things up and they have done such a good job of it that it's driven the point we've been trying to make home far far better than we ever could have.

Based on Bush's track record this term I think by the time his term is up that he will have pissed off the US general population so badly that they won't be voting Republican for another 20 years.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Don" wrote: "Or we could just fire the supreme court, use voting machines that actually work right and get rid of the republikans fixing the elections. Bush never did win either election. But then, you probably believe the lies told by the bush puppy media.

Regardless, the facts still remain. We could have more energy efficient vehicles in the near future if bush/cheney would quit pandering to the oil companies."

Learn the facts. The voting machines did work the idiots voting could not vote properly. Unfortunately for you, popular vote does matter as much in a presidential election. Then again it could be to your benefit since if we counted popular vote some politicians would never get elected because the big cities would control the vote.

By the way every recount showed Bush won.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

"Don" wrote: "And we all know it's not because of Katrina. Members of both parties D's and R's alike are calling these high prices "GOUGING." And since bush is pandering to the oil companies that paid his election bills..."

What proof do you have that Katrina did not affect the gas prices? Katrina shut down all of the Gulf of Mexico oil production, which produces 1/3 of the nations energy needs. 9 refineries were shut down for at least a week and at present 6 refineries are not running. 2 are in the process of starting up. 4 still have flood water in them and cannot begin to start up until repairs and clean up are completed. This equates to less gasoline being produced and less gasoline means less supply for the same demand. Supply and demand will set the price. Simple economics.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge
1 of 2 things will happen when the cars dry out....

Insurance companies have the 'nads to say : "You didn't see the storm coming, nor did you take advantage of the local gov't warning to leave due to the severity of the storm? The loss of your car was 100% preventable......... Claim Denied"

or

They wuss out and EVERYONE will get soaked with higher premiums for their vehicle insurance.

On a related note, a certain Mayor should be held personally and financially responsible for the loss of all those School Busses, as well as the losses (health and life) resulting from his decision not to use them to evacuate the town, because he called for Greyhound busses so his constituents would be able to leave in style.... And why exactly was the levee system neglected for the past 3 decades? The Army Corps of Engineers supposedly were stymied as to improving the system due to the KNOWLEDGE that they would not survive a cat 3 'cane???? This was NOT a failure in DC. What I learned from the Incident Command System class I took as a Fire Department officer was that FEMA relies on the LOCAL GOV'T following their predetermined emergency plan, which didn't happen. That's the stuff that keeps FEMA from being able to act. Under the ICS model, every entity up to the Feds has a predetermined function, within a specific chain of command. You can't break the chain, because of accountability issues.

Reply to
Eric G

it's humor. he's saying that the bush administration is so patently and observably incompetent, corrupt and criminal, that it would be superfluous for anybody outside of the administration to point it out. although humorous, the problem with his logic is that it vastly overestimates the intelligence of most americans.

i'll just keep slapping bumperstickers on my car. my fave right now is the one that looks like a bush-cheney campaign sticker, but actually it reads, "Moron-Psycho 00-08."

i've had it on my car for several months and i've received several middle-finger salutes as a result. i just raise my .357 sig-sauer in return. funny how some of us "tree-hugging libs" pack heat. blows em away when they discover it, figuratively speaking.

Reply to
Warlock

Most people trying to be humorous don't simultaneously give the impression of simultaneously foaming at the mouth and speaking gibberish.

Look at the lies he is using to make his point. Again, it comes off as lunatic fringe. None of the stuff he is stating as facts are true. For example "The hell with freedom of expression." Based on what. You've got nothing - and because of that, you won't come back with anything honest if at all.

Yeah - he's so intelligent he can't speak for himself and can't even answer a direct question (which you also make no attempt to answer - but it's understandable because - once again - you've got nothin' of substance to answer with).

We're all impressed. But not in the way you imagine. I guess you and Dave don't like them expressing themselves. Typcial libs. You want to be able to say anything you want, but when anyone responds back in a disapproving manner, we're suppressing your freedom of expression. But

- again - that and the ultra hyperbole is what is hurting the democrats terribly.

I read an article by someone who was helping the New Orleans victims, and was starting to help a woman who was hunting for some relatives, but when the person writing the article saw a Bush bumper sticker on their car, they drove off and left them. That's your free-thinking liberal for you.

Bill Putney

Sounds good to me.

Reply to
Don

Ever watch C-Span? It's been on several times this past week.

Stay with the times dude.

"Fox News" is nothing but lies straight from the liars telling the lies over there in the White House.

Reply to
Don