63 Ford elec fuel pump install questions

What is the best to install and what is the best way to install a sold state feul pump in a 63 ford? Any recommendations on a 7-9 psi pump?
This is a single feed line fueul system, no return,
Fuel line out of the tank is up towards the middle of the tank, near the sending unit wiring.
I have a pump that says to install it within 12 linear inches of the bottom of the tank. I am not sure what that means, I think it means the run from the tank to the pump inlet should be 12 inches or less, but not sure what the positioning of the pump should be - not much chance of having it as low as the bottom of the tank. It says 45 degree angle (no problem there), that won't be a problem if I can find a place to mount it. thanks bob

Anywhere close will work as long as you prime it and never run your tank dry.
Why not just replace your mechanical pump?
C8oe
I will replace the mechanical after i have it running, I want to move it from the yard, under an awning, to a garage to have some other work done that I cna't do in the yard. The new motor does not have a timing cover with the spot for the fuel pump.