$65,000 A Year? Bye, U.S. Auto Workers!

Can't prove what by you, top poster?

This, from someone who trade-in every year. What an idiot.

Reply to
dizzy

Oh, it's the Bailo twit, making an ass of himself as usual.

Reply to
dizzy

B.S. $50k is plenty to live a decent life for a small family. It sure would not be "poverty".

Reply to
dizzy

Worldwide demand has driven up the price of oil. The problem is this. Once the forgein companies built aassembly plants in the US, they were able to deliver cars at the same rate at the American companies.

Competition inproves quality and lowers prices, but the American companies cannot lower prices and make a profit if they have higher labor costs.

The majority, if not all of the forgein manufacturers use less expensive, non-union labor.

US car companies have to cut costs in order to lower prices, in order to move vehicles.

Labor costs make up the majority of any company's costs.

Something has to give.

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

Like Democrats are not corrupt. What are you smoking..

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

The guy who installs the brakes and airbags should get twice what a doctor makes.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Don't forget all the legal fees to fight the frivolous lawsuits...

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

SO, if this is true then should a mechanic make 2 X $65K per year?

If so, I shall go to mechanics school starting tomorrow morning!!!

Priorities:

  1. A person with a high school or GED education is worth K per year
  2. A doctor with an 8-year college education should only earn 0K per year.

I say #1 is very wrong and #2 is spot on.

Who agrees?

ps. When those brakes and airbag fail you in a wreck, care to guess who it is that is going to save your life? Hint:It isn't an auto worker.

************************************ If you wait by the river long enough your enemies will float by.
Theodore Baldwin Boothe III

Not unheard of.

Feel free to ask for recommendations.

Ever hear of Bill Gates?

For some, that would be way overpaid.

Intelligence/worth isn't measured by how long someone stayed in school.

What if he's a volunteer EMT?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Better get up early that day. Every time WalMart opens a new store they have five or six applicants for every available job.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You've gotta be joking...

My first car was a '79 T-bird (Heritage edition), with a 5.8l 351w. I agree it had some power, but I would have had to put around 1,000$ in repairs (in

1988) to keep it. Everything would break or jam.

I scrapped it and got myself a '79 Celica GT Coupe (not the hatchback version) for 600$ canadian

It was fat, peppy, I used to lose 'stangs in curves, I might have put around

400$ on it in a year (when I broke the tranny, it cost me 300$).

Fixing the import was easy, fast and cheap. (doing front brakes on it was so easy, it took longer to jack the car up and remove the wheel than replacing the disc and both pads)

(besides, the pads on my Celica were cheaper than those on my domestic Chevette)

Actually, as I think about it, my *best* car, the toughest one was made in France. a Renault 5.

That thing was indestructible. 52HP, not a chick-pick-me-up car, but it got the job done. (lasted even longer than my '84 Chevette)

Reply to
El Bandito

Doctors think too highly of themselves. They need to come back down to the ground once and awhile. Some are great. Too many others make serious mistakes and take rather than save lives on a regular basis, quietly shuffling over to the next regional hospital once the body bag count gets too high at their current abode.

Same with college professors. Some are damn good, Others are pompous old farts in need need of a serious colon cleaning.

Bottom line:

Where I live , just outside of NYC metro area, $65k is considered average median household income. A small house on a quarter acre lot will cost you no less than $400k with $14k of property taxes. $35K a year will buy you a cardboard box in an alley or a tent in the woods.

People would not need a total compensation package worth $65k a year if the doctors, insurers, lawyers, and korporate Amerika were not so greedy.

See you at wally world.

Reply to
Steve Stone

To live on the equivalent of $30K in most of the Midwest would take about $80K in northern New Jersey and probably double that in Manhattan.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Bullshit. The direct cost of labor is probably 20% of the loaf's cost. it will go up, but not that much. A lot, though.

Raising the minimum wage is not the answer. Securing the flow of mestizos to American employers and putting safety, environmental and legal costs offsets on third world products will help far more.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

You can prove that he's a waste of oxygen

he doesn't even own a car

Reply to
Learning Richard

Got once you are correct, I own five LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You are either stupid as hell or senile as hell then

Reply to
Learning Richard

Not either. The good Lord made it possible for me to be able to afford five cars . '41 Continental convertible, '64 Mustang V8 convertible, 72 LTD Brougham HT, 83 Continental Mark VI Signature, 05 Mustang GT convertible and a 06 Lincoln Zephyr. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Umm... How do you get 2080 hours in a year "not including holidays and overtime"? Mistakes like this make like this make anything you say suspicious.

Says you, a person who is less than accurate, to say the least.

Define "well over", Mr Facts.

Reply to
dizzy

The good Lord prefers that top-posting, lying idiots like you not invoke His name.

Reply to
dizzy