'68 302 oil leak...

My '68 Galaxie with 302 has an oil leak. There is a puddle of oil on the passenger side of the timing chain cover. When my points were out of whack while cruising on the highway it puked 2 quarts of oil all over the
passenger side of the engine compartment. After fixing the points it lost 1 quart of oil over 500 miles or so. The leak is not coming from the valve cover. What are the possibilities and likelihood of where it's coming from? I doubt it's the intake... Could it be the timing cover gasket? What would be your best guess based on what I've told you? Thanks.
Cory
Me thinks you need to investigate, may be look under not just from the top? Clean the engine and start fresh, but if it is leaking as bad as you say, you should not be asking this question because it will be obvious where it is coming from.