7 lug nuts?

I noticed a Ford van that appeared to have 7 lug nuts. Was that only the hubcap, or do they really have 7 lugs? Hank

Reply to
Ninebal310

Some models yes.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

Yes, they put 7-lug wheels on some of the vans and pickups. One of Ford's stupidest ideas ever, laughingstock to the entire truck world, and there are basically no wheels available. One of the reasons I *didn't* buy a Ford when my '78 F250 wore out.

Reply to
Ol' Duffer

LOL......I wonder who thought that idea up. Also, who was the engineer that approved it, and management to allow it to be done. Maybe they were made in Mexico. :-)

I can't see how it was possible to evenly space them. I figure the angle has to be 51.428571 degrees to infinity. Hell, knowing how Ford does shit, maybe they aren't evenly spaced. Hank

Reply to
Ninebal310

What years/models?

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I thought the 7 dwarfs had a total of 14. Hank

Reply to
Ninebal310